Creamy coconut combined with chocolate, which melt in your mouth. You only need 4 ingredients for this coconut truffles. It's a quick and really delicious recipe.
The chocolate orange truffles last week were a great success and so I continued experimenting with making truffles.
As known the orange chocolate combination is well known, but the combination of coconut with chocolate of course is also great. And this coconut truffle proved to be a huge success. The creamy truffle combined with pure cocoa flavor and a bit a crunch from the coconut. The coconut liqueur sends a lovely dimension to the truffle, but when small children are going to eat the truffles this can of course also be replaced by coconut aroma.
- Children eat with it, omit the coconut liqueur or replace it with a coconut flavor without alcohol. Children and alcohol is a no go.
- Because you roll a ball with your hands, the outside of the truffle becomes a bit soft and the coconut sticks well. When you keep them in the fridge again, they will keep their shape.
- Replace the dark chocolate with white chocolate. White chocolate with coconut is very tasty.
- Instead of coconut liqueur you can also use rum (for an extra boost)
- It is also nice to add finely chop pecans and to mix through the truffle mixture. You need about 20 grams of pecan nuts.
- Leave out the liqueur, it is not necessarily necessary for a tasty recipe.
The budget-friendly version costs € 0.15 per truffle (total 20 truffles)
- You can't store these truffles at room temperature.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Truffles can also be frozen. You then pack them individually in a piece of wax paper and then in an airtight bag or box. This way you can keep them for 2 weeks. Before defrosting, let them thaw in their packaging at room temperature. That takes about 2-3 hours.
Other delicious chocolate
- Chocolate orange truffles
- White chocolate lavender bonbons
- Chocolates with caramel and sea salt
- Caramel praline bonbons
It's a good taste!
Recipe coconut truffles with
Did you make this coconut truffles with chocolate? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Coconut truffles with chocolate
- 100 ml cream
- 300 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut liqueur like Malibu
- 50 grams coconut grated and dried
- Heat the cream in a saucepan, until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the liqueur and stir through.
- Put into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow to cool and harden for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Take two teaspoons and spoon out a little ganache.
- Roll between your hands into a ball.
- Then roll the ball in the grated coconut.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator until you are going to eat them.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.