Popcorn with caramel sauce and white chocolate flavor. Ideal for a movie night. Anyone in for this snack?
What is better than on Sunday evening sitting on your couch watching a movie with a delicious bowl of popcorn in your hand? This popcorn is truly great for that purpose. It's delicious and easy to make!
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Popcorn with caramel sauce and white chocolate
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoon honey
- 125 grams dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 25 grams White chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
- Put a pan (with lid) containing 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil on the fire and heat until the oil is hot.
- Add the corn and turn down the heat and put the lid on the pan.
- After about 3 minutes, you hear popping sounds, at first slowly and then going faster and faster, until it stops. Then quickly take the popcorn off the heat. The popcorn is ready.
- Put the popcorn in a large bowl and make sure you take out the kernels that aren't popped.
- Put the honey, butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan and bring, while stirring the mixture, to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, while stirring, for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract first and then the baking soda ( the mixture changes color and foams a little bit), stir well.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and mix well so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Spread the popcorn on the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Put back in the bowl and scrape white chocolate on top of the popcorn.
- Again mix well and serve!