Crunchy, slightly sweet and with a delicious coconut flavor. You can prepare these bars in just 30 minutes and only 5 ingredients.
Do you also love Bounty chocolate bars? When I was young there was an advertisement on the television in which someone took a bite from the bar and you believed you were on a tropical island. Or you thought you were. At least the advertisers would like you to believe that. And the advertisement did make an impression as I'm sharing this memory with you.
But in a store bought bounty bar there are 14 ingredients. Quite a lot. Off course you need some extra ingredients when making them in bulk and make sure they can be stored for numerous months, but did you know that it takes only 5 ingredients to get this delicious bar, whereas you take a bite, you think you are on a tropical warm island (a bit funny because when typing this for you it's -4 degrees Celsius outside :-), but it makes it sounds even better). And you just have to mix the ingredients, press them in the baking tin, bake them for only 20 minutes and it's done.
I'm going to bake another tin with bars. Not only to keep it warm inside (always great warmth from the oven) but it tastes and smells delicious). Sweet (dream) vacation
It's a good taste!
Recipe coconut bars with
Did you make this coconut bars with chocolate? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Coconut bars with chocolate
- 250 grams grated coconut
- 150 grams sugar
- 100 grams butter unsalted melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs size L
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush a square brownie tin with butter and line with baking paper.
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Mix everything through with a spatula.
- Put the batter in the baking tin and flatten the top with the back of a spoon
- Put the tin in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until it's done and firm.
- Take out of the oven, let it stand for 5 minutes and take it out of the tin.
- Cut it into bars.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Baking form / springform