A granola bar full of delicious chocolate, crunchy cereals and sweet raisins and cranberries. A little sticky, but that of course makes it the tastiest!
I used to eat Balisto as a sweet snack when I was young. You know them, the granola bars covered with chocolate that you buy at the store. And this chocolate granola bars, are quite similar in taste. The difference is that they are somewhat stickier. But it turns out that that is a great side effect. Because then you can even enjoy the flavor longer.
You fill them with grains, nuts and dried fruit you like. And if you keep an eye out to the ingredient list, you can change the ingredients. But don't overdueL 50 grams of cranberries, for example, replace 50 grams of raisins.
By using dark chocolate and minimize the addition of honey, the bars are a snack that you can occasionally can eat without feeling to much guild.
Store them in an airtight container and they will stay crunchy for about a week!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chocolate granola
Did you make this chocolate granola bars? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Chocolate granola bars
- 100 grams oatmeal
- 50 grams corn flakes
- 30 grams cranberries dried
- 20 grams raisins
- 30 grams walnuts chopped
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 125 grams dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place a baking sheet in a baking pan of 20 x 20 cm.
- Mix in a bowl the oatmeal, cereal, cranberries, raisins and walnuts.
- On low heat, warm a saucepan containing 3 tablespoons water and the honey.
- Mix the hot honey with the stuffing and stir well.
- Put the granola in the baking tray and make sure the top is smooth.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Then cut into strips of approximately 2.5 x 5 cm.
- Melt the dark chocolate au-bain-marie (in a bowl you put over a pan of boiling water, whereas the water does not touch the bowl. In the bowl you melt the chocolate).
- Pour the chocolate over the granola bars and allow to set.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Baking form / springform