A sweet delicacy these lemon date bars. And as a plus no refined sugars are added. With oatmeal and whole wheat flour
A delicious sweet delicacy these lemon date bars, with the advantage that no sugar has been added. Well, there are dates and honey in it, but no refined sugars. And thanks to the use of oatmeal and wholegrain flour, they contain also a lot of fiber in it. The combination of the lemon with the date gives a nice touch. This is really a bar that you can eat if you need some energy once. A healthier snack, so to speak.
It's a good taste!
Recipe lemon date
Lemon date bars
- 125 grams dates
- 90 ml water
- 1 lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 100 grams oatmeal
- 80 grams whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 10 x 10 cm baking tin with a baking paper.
- Put the dates, water, lemon juice and ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the dates fall apart.
- Puree the dates in the blender and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a second bowl, mix the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder, honey, sunflower oil and vanilla until you get some kind of crumble.
- Press ⅔ of the crumble at the bottom of the baking pan and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the date puree over the crumble and smooth it too.
- Crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture on top and press just a little then put it in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let it cool down completely before you take it out of the pan and start cutting it.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Baking form / springform