Minced fruit pies: small tarts with a slightly sweet dough filled with dried fruits, nuts, and warming herbs. With a hint of cognac.
The minced fruit pies is another recipe in our high tea de luxe series and a little earlier, but certainly still today, a real luxury pastry is found.
Filled with delicious dried fruit that lets you taste with herbs and cognac. A good start. And then the dough.
Also a special preparation with ground hazelnuts, orange, and winter herbs. Extravagant in a cake, I love it.
Minced fruit pies
The minced fruit pies are best known in England where it has been eaten around Christmas since the Middle Ages. It represents the herbs and spices that the three kings bring to Jesus. But certainly at that time it was just a luxury product. And very tasty.
High tea deluxe
We are already almost half of our high tea deluxe, full of tasty recipes for a delicious high tea, and today we add the minced fruit pies to it. After the 4 luxury sandwiches, the asparagus with Boursin and prosciutto and vanilla scones with blackberry pear champagne jam today this delicious mini cake. At the end of this week, we summarize all the recipes again and you get a real-time schedule. And then you can easily get started yourself. So wait a while ...
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Fruit mince pies
- 150 grams currants
- 75 grams raisins finely chopped
- 75 grams cranberries
- 2 small apples peeled and grated
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon clove ground
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ lemon grated zest and juice
- 4 tablespoons cognac
- 60 grams hazelnuts roasted and chopped
Fruit mince pies
- 225 grams flour
- 75 grams hazelnuts ground
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spices
- 185 grams butter chopped into pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons ice water
- fruit mince recipe above
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 egg lightly beaten
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put all ingredients except the hazelnuts in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to a jar and keep in a jar until you need them. Allow all flavors to marinate for at least 1 day (that really makes it much tastier)
- Mix in the hazelnuts just before use.
Fruit mince pies
- Put the flour, ground hazelnuts, sugar, spices and butter in a food processor and grind until it is grainy.
- Add the egg yolk and just as much water until you get a dough (pulsate)
- Place the dough on a plastic foil and knead it lightly.
- Pack the dough and cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 8 cavities of a cupcake tin.
- Roll out the dough between two baking papers until it's 5 mm thick.
- Cut out 4 times a 7.5 cm circles and press them into the cupcake cavities.
- Do that again until you have 8 trays.
- Mix the minced fruit with the grated orange zest and fill the dough bowls in the cupcake tray.
- Roll out the leftover dough again to a thickness of 5 mm and cut out 8 x a 5 cm circle with a serrated edge cutter.
- Cut out a shape about 1 cm wide in the middle of each circle.
- Brush the edge of each bowl with some beaten egg and put a dough circle on top. Press lightly
- Bake the tarts for 25 minutes, let them stand for 10 minutes and release them on a rack.
- Allow to cool further.
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top for an extra nice effect.