This recipe for beer bonbons, consists of marshmallows with beer jelly and covered with a layer of delicious chocolate. They are sprinkled with Fleur de Sel. The salt blends wonderfully with the sweet taste of the chocolate.
I have chosen to prepare this beer chocolates. These are marshmallows with a filling of beer, which is covered with milk chocolate. All dipped in a little bit of Fleur de Sel. An explosion of flavors is released into your mouth. Great!
- you don't have a Fleur de Sel, use Maldon or sea salt flakes.
- You'd rather use dark chocolate, by all means use it. But remember that beer is slightly bitter, so I advise you not to go too dark.
- you use two forks to turn around the marshmallows in the chocolate, that way you keep your fingers clean.
- ⅓ cups beer
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 sheets gelatin
- 1⅓ cups marshmallows
- 1 cups chocolate milk
- 2 teaspoons Fleur de Sel or seasalt
- Heat the beer with the vanilla extract until almost boiling.
- Take of the heat and dissolve the gelatin in the liquid (keep stirring).
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the marshmallows in half.
- Spread the beer jelly between the marshmallow halves and stick to each other again.
- Put a pan with some water on the heat and hang a heatproof bowl in but make sure it doesn't touch the water. Turn the heat on and melt the chocolate in the bowl.
- Meanwhile lay some baking paper on your work surface.
- With two forks roll the marshmallows into the melted chocolate.
- Then sprinkle the bottom of the chocolates with some Fleur de Sel.
- Put the chocolates ont the baking sheet and allow to harden.
- Repeat for all beer marshmallows