This recipe for beer bonbons, consists of marshmallows with beer jelly and covered with a layer of delicious chocolate. They are sprinkled with Fleur de Sel. The salt blends wonderfully with the sweet taste of the chocolate.
I have chosen to prepare this beer chocolates. These are marshmallows with a filling of beer, which is covered with milk chocolate. All dipped in a little bit of Fleur de Sel. An explosion of flavors is released into your mouth. Great!
- you don't have a Fleur de Sel, use Maldon or sea salt flakes.
- You'd rather use dark chocolate, by all means use it. But remember that beer is slightly bitter, so I advise you not to go too dark.
- you use two forks to turn around the marshmallows in the chocolate, that way you keep your fingers clean.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- ⅓ cups beer
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 sheets gelatin
- 1⅓ cups marshmallows
- 1 cups chocolate milk
- 2 teaspoons Fleur de Sel or seasalt
- Heat the beer with the vanilla extract until almost boiling.
- Take of the heat and dissolve the gelatin in the liquid (keep stirring).
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the marshmallows in half.
- Spread the beer jelly between the marshmallow halves and stick to each other again.
- Put a pan with some water on the heat and hang a heatproof bowl in but make sure it doesn't touch the water. Turn the heat on and melt the chocolate in the bowl.
- Meanwhile lay some baking paper on your work surface.
- With two forks roll the marshmallows into the melted chocolate.
- Then sprinkle the bottom of the chocolates with some Fleur de Sel.
- Put the chocolates ont the baking sheet and allow to harden.
- Repeat for all beer marshmallows