A chicken pot pie muffin, filled with chicken, vegetables and potato in a creamy sauce. Really flavorful and can be served as a single portion
A flavorful savory recipe for a chicken pot pie oven baked.Normally you often make that in a large baking casserole, but why not serve as small muffins.That is not only looks nice on your dinner plate, but you can also serve it great as a snack at a party or on a buffet.Your guests will be amazed by the delicious taste.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chicken pot pie
Did you make this chicken pot pie muffins? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Chicken pot pie muffins
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken fillets diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot scraped and cut into small cubes
- 1 celery stalk cut into cubes
- 250 ml water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 potatoes peeled in and diced
- 40 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 120 ml milk
- 50 grams peas
- 12 sheets savory pie dough
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the pan and fry the chicken until tender. Remove from the pan.
- Melt in a sufficiently large pan (there will still be some extra filling coming in, so keep this in mind), 2 tablespoons of butter and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and add the stock cubes and bring to the boil.
- Then add the potato, put the lid on the pan and cook everything for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter with the flour and spoon into the stock. Stir because it burns quickly.
- Mix the milk with the cornflour and also add it to the vegetable mixture.
- Bring to the boil and let it simmer for 1 minute while you keep stirring.
- Stir in the peas and the chicken. Turn of the heat and set aside.
- Put a sheet of savory pie dough in each bowl of a cupcake pan.
- Spoon the filling onto the savory pie dough (up to 5 mm below the top) and fold the dough over the filling. Prick a few holes in the top with a fork (so that the air can escape).
- Mix the egg yolk with the milk and brush the top of the muffins with it.
- Put the muffins in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Check in the meantime whether the top gets too brown (in which case you cover the muffins with aluminum foil)
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- frying pan
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Cupcake tin