Creamy chocolate that melts on your tongue, in between layers of cake sprinkled with sweet cherry liqueur.
A worthy end to a (Valentine) dinner.
You know what dessert is the favorite of my husband? A delicious chocolate mousse. He loves it. And of course I make it regularly as dessert after Sunday dinner (we always eat a special dessert on Sunday).
For Valentine's Day I like to go a step further. I bake a delicious cake, sprinkle with a sweet cherry liqueur, combine it with the chocolate mousse and pipe it in a beautiful dessert glass.
A Valentine Dessert where you scrape clean the glass. So I know what I'm going to have as dessert for Valentine's Day and you?
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chocolate mousse
chocolate mousse trifle
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- Bowl and pan (au-bain-marie)
- Piping bag with cartel nozzle
- 100 grams dark chocolate at least 70 percent cocoa
- 15 grams butter
- 125 ml cream
- 2 eggs egg yolks and whites separated, size M
- 2 slices Cake
- 4 teaspoons cherry liqueur
- chocolate curls garnish
- Place the chocolate, butter and 2 tablespoons of cream in a heatproof bowl.
- Hang the bowl over a pan of boiling water (au-bain-marie).
- Melt the chocolate and then put the bowl on the work bench.
- Allow 5 minutes to rest and mix well.
- While you stir with a spatula, add the egg yolks one by one through the chocolate.
- Beat the whipped cream with a mixer until stiff.
- Mix it with a spatula into the chocolate mixture.
- Then beat with a mixer in a fat-free bowl the egg whites until stiff.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of egg whites into the chocolate mixture and mix through with the spatula (so the mixture gets used to the airy whites).
- Add the rest of the egg whites and mix gently with a spatula, carefully through the chocolate.
- Spoon the mousse into a pastry bag and leave for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Lay half a slice of cake at the bottom of the glass and sprinkle with one teaspoon of cherry liqueur.
- Pipe a layer mousse cake on top.
- Place the other half of the cake onto the mousse and sprinkle with cherry liqueur.
- Pipe a second layer of mousse on the cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils