A creamy chicken soup topped with strips of smoked salmon and dill in the Netherlands known as queen soup. This soup is not just for kings and queens, but you certainly will going to enjoy it!
This chicken soup is made with a roux, so it slightly thickens. After that, I add another egg yolk and a dash of cream, which give it a velvety, creamy texture. A delicious soup and perfect for a special day like Valentine's Day.
You and your love will certainly enjoy it. It's made within 20 minutes.
Creamy chicken soup with salmon and dill (aka Dutch Queen soup)
- 30 gram flour
- 30 gram butter
- 1 liter chicken stock cold
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml cream
- 50 grams smoked salmon sliced into strips
- Make a roux. By melting the butter in a stockpot.
- Add the flour at once and stir with a wooden spatula.
- Bake for 2 minutes, while stirring, and as a ball is formed, pour in the chicken stock dash by dash. Keep stirring, but use a whisk instead of the spatula.
- Heat the soup to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk with the cream.
- Pour some hot soup in there while you stir, so the egg mixture gets used to the heat.
- Then pour the egg mixture to the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and garnish with smoked salmon and dill.
- Serve immediately.