A spicy tomato leek soup that is firmly guarded by sizzling snakes. Do you still dare to eat your soup?
A delicious entrée or lunch for Halloween! A bit spicy soup with crispy leeks and meatballs. In addition, bread stalks in the form of snakes that look very dangerous makes it a typical Halloween recipe.
Sizzling snake bread
And although it all seems very difficult, nothing is less true. You make the snakes from savory pie dough that you buy ready-made (per sheet) and roll up. A point on the bottom (for the tail) and on the other side a ball where you make a notch for the tongue. Coat with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or other topping of your choice. Just bake in the oven and then it's ready to eat.
The tomato leek soup is also ready in no time. Delicious homemade from tomatoes, onion and herbs. Meatballs are added, although that is of course completely optional, but my family loves tomato soup with meatballs. Scoop into the soup cups and garnish with very finely chopped leeks. Serving this way keeps the leeks very crispy and really nice.
It's a good taste!
Recipe: Tomato leek soup with
Halloween recipe: tomato leek soup with sizzling snakes
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- 8 sheets savory pie dough
- 1 egg size s, beaten
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds poppy seeds or other topping
- 16 cloves
- 1 beetroot
Tomato leek soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 red chili peppers dried, more or less to taste
- 800 grams tomato cubes
- 800 ml passata
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 liter beef broth
- 100 grams minced beef
- 50 grams leek Finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Take a slice of savory pie dough and make a roll of it. By rolling that slowly between your palms into a long string. Push one side into a point. Make the other side more round.
- In the round side, make a notch of approximately 1 cm with a sharp knife. Push a toothpick in there.
- Place the snake on the baking paper and repeat for all slices of savory dough.
- Brush every snake with a beaten egg.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds (or another topping) on the snake.
- Put 2 cloves in the dough at the place of the eyes.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into thin strips. After baking, remove the toothpick from the mouth of the snake. Put a beetroot in there.
Tomato leek soup
- Put some olive oil in the pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes until it is glassy.
- Add the thyme and the dried chili pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Crumble the pepper.
- Add the tomato cubes, passata, sugar and the stock and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, form small balls of the minced meat.
- Lower the heat and add the meatballs.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the tomato soup into a small bowl. Spoon two tablespoons of fresh leek on top.
- Place a snake bread stick on the cup. Serve immediately.