A skinny and healthy soup: this vegan spinach soup is both. With lots of flavor and low in calories. Homemade, so you know what you're serving. An easy soup which tastes great In every season.
Soup, a delicious lunch. Warming, savory and in this version also light. Full of vitamins and no store bought packages or sacks needed. Even a stock cube isn't necessary. Homemade stock has got a lot of flavor. The only thing you can add is salt and pepper at taste. And it doesn't have to take a lot of time. I've placed a link to a recipe for chicken stock, vegetable stock and beef stock.
- Half the garlic and take out the core. That way the flavor will get less intense.
- When fresh spinach is warmed, it will shrink. So if you can't add all the spinach at once, because your pan gets to full, add more spinach when the first batch has shrunk.
- You can exchange the spinach with swiss chard if you got on hand.
- Exchange the onion with shallot for an extra spicy bite.
- You drip some olive oil on top of this soup it will get even more flavor. If you want to get loose, but a bit less skinny and vegetarian (not vegan), add some sour cream.
- A crispy baguette and add some feta to the soup (instead of meatballs). This way the recipe becomes vegetarian (and not vegan anymore)
- Don't warm spinach twice. Eat this soup right away.
Other delicious soup
- Easy onion soup, with just 6 ingredients
- Sweet tomato soup, just as ordered at a Dutch Chinese restaurant
- Oriental chicken soup
- Arugula spinach soup
It's a good taste!
Recipe skinny soup, spinach
Did you make this Spinach soup? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Skinny soup: spinach soup
- 2 onions
- 1 potato
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200 grams spinach
- 1 liter stock vegetable
- salt and pepper
- Slice the onion.
- Peel the potato and cut in 1 x 1 cm cubes.
- Peel the garlic and chop roughly.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly.
- Add a tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat.
- Turn the heat low and add the onion.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the onion are translucent.
- Add the spinach and stir-fry for 1 minute, then put the other ingredients in the pan.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with the immersion blender and taste.
- Season at taste with salt and pepper.