While this tomato soup for Halloween might look scary, it is very nice and creamy because of the web. A real delicious soup (even if it is not Halloween).
Tomato soup, one of the favorite soups in our house. I've already covered a recipe before for rich tomato soup, but this is quite a nice addition to the recipe base. By adding the sour cream into the soup, by using a piping bottle, whereas you create a spiral in the soup and use a skewer to create a web.
Therefore, this soup also look looks exciting and it's great fun as a dish for Halloween (or a very exciting children's party). My children first looked a little hesitant, but when the youngest (that's the daredevil in the field of food) had approved they all attacked the soup. We have eaten the freaky bread fingers with the soup and it was a tasty combination. And so we've got a lovely lunch. But I can imagine this is a great appetizer to..
Tips creamy tomato soup for
- This creamy tomato soup can be great as a vegetarian soup (without meatballs), use a vegetable broth base. If you want to eat it with meatballs, then a beef broth base would be very tasty;
- For this soup you make a roux. When you make a roux one of the most important things you need to consider is that you have a hot and cold ingredient when diluting so no lumps are made. Let the butter / flour mixture cool and add hot broth or add cold broth to the hot butter / flour mixture.
- If you make a vegetarian creamy tomato soup you can add sliced sundried tomatoes as a filling.
Preparation creamy tomato soup for
- This soup can be made a day before you eat it. Let cool to room temperature, but make sure that when you're cooling it is not airtight sealed and when cooled down you've got to store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Warm it just before serving and add the sour cream when serving the soup.
Store creamy tomato soup for
- In the fridge the soup got a shelf life of 2 days;
- Freeze the soup in the fridge for a maximum of 3 months.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Creamy tomato soup for
Creamy tomato soup for Halloween
This recipe is:
- frying pan
- 70 grams butter
- 70 grams flour
- 1 liter broth Vegetable Broth or beef broth
- 60 grams tomato paste
- 800 grams passata
- 125 ml crème fraîche (take out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before using
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 grams ground beef optional
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the flour in one addition while stirring with a wooden spatula.
- Fry the flour 2 minutes, keep stirring, but don't let it brown.
- Gradually add the cold broth, while stirring with a whisk, so you don't get any lumps.
- When all the broth is added, bring it to a boil.
- In a frying pan bake the tomato you 2 minutes (until it smells sweet rather than acidic).
- Add the tomato puree to the broth and pour the sieved tomatoes in.
- Bring everything to a boil again and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- (Optionally, make small balls from the ground beef and cook them in the hot soup for 15 minutes.)
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and take the crème fraïche and use it to make a spiral in the soup (if you have a pouring bottle it makes life a lot easier)
- Draw lines from the center to the outside with a satay skewer.
- The spiral will form a web pattern in the soup.