At Halloween we like to make something spooky treats and the recipe for these Halloween cupcakes look great, creepy and exciting to eat.
Sunday is my baking day! And today a ghostly delicacy. I saw this idea come along to the website taste of home and this is my own version. Personally, I found them great and the children were flabbergasted. So they were successful! The recipe is very simple, fast and gives a great effect! We surely make them at Halloween.
Also, we are already are on our way with the Halloween decorations. Near our house everything is going to be spooky. I'm already excited!
- you want to make airy cupcakes, make sure that you use all the ingredients at room temperature.
- you could use different colored M&M's, so you make a dozen of different scary spiders. You can also choose to go for a single color for an even bigger effect.
- you use dark colors paper cupcake foils, your spider even seems more creepier.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this Halloween cupcakes? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 125 gram butter unsalted, room temperature
- 125 grams sugar
- 125 gram self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs size L
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 4 tablespoons Chocolate sprinkles
- 12 M & M's green and red for a spooky effect
- 6 licorice laces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the paper cupcake forms in the baking pan.
- Mix the butter with the sugar in 3 minutes until airy on high speed.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs one by one, while continuing to mix.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add half of the flour, two tablespoons of milk followed by the rest of the flour. Turn the mixer off, when the flour is incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups (about ⅔ full) and put in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check with a toothpick if the cakes are done.
- Let cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Coat the top of the cupcake with a layer of chocolate paste.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on top.
- Cut the licorice laces into small pieces of about 4 cm (you need eight pieces per cupcake).
- Insert a skewer to make eight holes for the legs in the cupcake and put a licorice lace in each hole.
- Smear the M & M (on the side with the white letter) with some paste and "glue" it on the cupcake.