Halloween hamburgers, who doesn't like a juicy burger? On a nice sandwich with a slice of good cheese, it's irresistible. And when you make these monster burgers for Halloween, there won't be anything left behind! Plus, I'll share the recipe for homemade oven fries!
A cheeseburger is a burger with a slice of cheese placed on it. Simple as that, and it has existed for 88 years. And maybe as a surprise, it wasn't invented by a fast-food chain. Instead, it was first made in 1926 by Lionel Sternberger, who took a slice of American cheese and placed it on a burger, and it was a resounding success.
In subsequent years, on various menus in Los Angeles, the Cheeseburger made its appearance. And later, it conquered the world through fast-food restaurants. So we're done with the brief history lesson, and it became clear that not the large M was the inventor of this great burger.
What cheese to choose?
Making a cheeseburger is very easy. You bake a hamburger, and just before serving, let the cheese fry for about 30 seconds. You do that by putting the cheese on the hamburger. Nothing more is needed.
You usually take a delicious cheese, such as Cheddar or blue cheese, but because of their pronounced taste, it is less suitable for a children's party. So this time, I chose a mature cheese. Compared to Cheddar, it doesn't close so quickly (which is nice because you have a face cut out).
What do you need for these Monster Burgers?
To prepare these Halloween hamburgers, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Potatoes - Use floury potatoes to make this recipe. Russet, Doré, King Edward, and Maris Piper are great choices.
- Oil - Use vegetable oil, such as sunflower oil. If you use olive oil, it will give the fries a taste.
- Cheese - Use a full-flavored cheese that melts slightly but doesn't clog (you'll lose face). Gouda cheese works very well.
- Burgers - When buying a burger, look at the quality. Take a somewhat thicker burger; it will stay juicy. I opt for beef burgers, but it is not necessary.
- Hamburger buns - You can easily make hamburger buns yourself, or you can buy them ready-made. Cut them in half and grill them lightly before putting the burger on top to give them more flavor and a nice crunch.
How to prepare Halloween Cheeseburgers with Homemade Fries?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into wedges or long strips. Bring a pan of water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove with two tablespoons of oil. After 10 minutes, remove the potatoes from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and place them in the hot frying pan. As a result, the potatoes cook dry very quickly, and they get crispy outside in the oven (and they keep wonderfully soft inside). After about 30 seconds, spread the potatoes on a baking tray and bake the potatoes for 30 minutes in a preheated oven (430 °F / 220 °C).
- Fry the burger on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Place the hamburger on the bun and the cheese slice on top. Serve with the oven fries and a delicious green salad.
- Cut the cheese into the desired shape with a sharp knife. Also, cut the bun in half (make sure it is already pre-baked, as stated on the package, if needed). Roast it slightly.
Serve the Halloween burgers with the fries. For an extra effect, make lines from the jack-o-lantern mouth with ketchup.
You can do both, but with the peel, you keep all the vitamin C (which is just under the peel). Then scrub them well.
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, then quickly steam them dry in the frying pan. Then put the potatoes on the hot baking tray, so they cook even drier. Because the outside dries extra quickly, they become extra crispy in the oven.
You can use Gouda cheese, but Cheddar, blue cheese, or mozzarella is also delicious on a cheeseburger.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ lb potatoes floury
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 hamburgers
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Bring a pan with water and one teaspoon of salt to a boil.1 teaspoon salt
- Scrub the potatoes until they are clean and cut into wedges or strips.2½ lb potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 430 °F or 400 °F and place an empty baking tray in it.
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes in the boiling water
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with oil until very hot.2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Take the potatoes out of the pan with a slotted spoon and add them to the frying pan.
- Cook for 1 minute on high heat and toss the potatoes over the hot baking plate.
- Put the baking tray in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Take the slices of cheese and cut, if you like, funny figurines in Halloween style (like a Jack-O-Lantern) with a sharp knife.4 slices Gouda cheese
- Slice the buns in half and grill them briefly until crisp and golden brown.4 hamburger buns
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers until brown.2 tablespoons sunflower oil, 4 hamburgers
- Put the burger on the bottom bun and place the cheese slice on top. Cover with the top bun.
- Toss the fries next to it.
- Refrigerator - Store the burgers wrapped in plastic or an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer - Wrap the burgers in two layers of foil and freeze. This keeps them good for up to two months.