This recipe for a kids Halloween drink non alcoholic, or your own Halloween mocktail is easy to prepare and the kids will love it!
Today a kids Halloween drink non alcohol of course. Because we won't forget our little ones.
When they walked through town doing trick or treat and come back to the house with bags of candy, they just love something to drink. And in theme you can serve this Halloween mocktail. Hereby I serve you the how to....
Why choose this Halloween mocktail?
- you only need 5 ingredients and a bag of DIY eyes
- ready in just 5 minutes
- non alcoholic and therefor suitable for children, pregnant women and people who don't (want to) drink alcohol
- by adding the eyes you make this kids Halloween drink non alcoholic really scary and very Halloween
- budget friendly recipe
- you can make this an hour before use.
Ingredients for this Halloween kids drink
These are the ingredients needed for a Halloween drink for kids, non alcoholic.
- Black and green food coloring: black food coloring can be used to color the sugar for the glass rim. The green food coloring is used for making the apple juice bright green. You only need about 2 drips for each. Tip: you can also use already made black sugar.
- Sugar: after coloring used for making the rim.
- Apple juice: colored with green food coloring. The base of this Kids Halloween drink
- Syrup: take a red syrup (strawberry, pomegranate or raspberry). The syrup weighs more in comparison with the juice and therefor will sink to the bottom of the glass and gives two layers.
- Eyes: (optional), glue these eyes to the glass for an extra Halloween effect.
How do you prepare this Kids Halloween drink non alcoholic?
A printable recipe in easy steps can be found at the bottom of this blog.
Step 1: (optional). Glue the eyes to the glass. Start with this step because after you prepared the sugar rim you don't want to touch the glass and wipe of the sugar.
Step 2: Make a sugar rim. If you don't have ready made black sugar add two drips of food coloring with the sugar. Put this black sugar in a bowl. In a second bowl add some water. First dip the glass in the water and then in the sugar. Let air dry for 10 minutes (as you see there's not a lot of sugar on the top, but there's enough on the side).
Step 3: Add 2 drips green food coloring to the apple juice and whisk until it's combined.
Step 4: First pour the green apple juice to the glass. Then add the red syrup gently. The red syrup is heavier and will sink to the bottom.
In this recipe for a non alcoholic Kids Halloween drink combines apple juice with strawberry syrup.
- instead of using strawberry syrup, use blueberry syrup. This is darker and gives a nice effect.
- You can use Crystal Clear or some other sparkling light drink instead of apple juice. That way you get a nice bubble in your drink. Use some green food coloring to get the desired color.
💭 Top tips
- the syrup is denser then the green juice, so when you pour it very carefully it will remain on the bottom. You can poor very gently when take a spoon and add the syrup by pouring it via the convex site of the spoon.
- by wedding the glass rim and dip it in black sugar you get a beautiful Halloween glass. The sugar can be bought already made. Or you can make it yourself by mixing 2 drops of food coloring with sugar.
- To dress up the whole I glued eyes on the glasses. The eyes are sold at the craft stores.
Prepare this in advance
You can glue the eyes to the glasses and create the sugar rim a few days before you want to serve it. Make sure to store the glasses in low humidity. And that nobody can touch the glasses..
Store this Halloween cocktail for kids
You can make and store the syrup and green apple juice a day before serving in the refrigerator. You can keep the glasses with sugar rim in a low humidity, room temperature cupboard. Don't store the glasses in the refrigerator, the sugar will dissolve. Make the mocktails up to 1 hour before serving.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Looking for even more Halloween inspiration?
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to looking it up. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
How to make it
Kids Halloween drink non alcoholic
- 2 drips black food coloring
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 100 ml apple juice
- 2 drips green food coloring
- 2 teaspoons strawberry lemonade syrup
- plastic eyes optional
- Optional: Glue the eyes on the glass.
- If you don't have store bought black sugar, mix the sugar with the black food coloring.
- Dip the edge of the glass in water and then in the black sugar.
- Mix the juice with the natural green food coloring and pour into the glass.
- Pour very carefully the strawberry lemonade syrup in the glas so it won't dilute, but swirls to the bottom.