This Kids Halloween drinks non-alcoholic recipe is the mocktail you make for Halloween. It's sweet, refreshing, colorful and a virgin version. It's great for this party because you can make it in advance and it looks terrific and scary when served. The kids will love this drink!
Today a kids Halloween drink without alcohol of course. Because we won't forget our little ones.
When they walked through town doing trick or treat and come back to the house with bags of candy corn, they just love something to drink at the Halloween party. And in theme, you can serve this delicious mocktail. Hereby I serve you the how-to...
Why choose this Halloween mocktail?
- you only need 5 ingredients and a bag of DIY eyes
- ready in just 5 minutes
- non-alcoholic and therefore kid-friendly, pregnant women and people who don't (want to) drink alcohol
- by adding the eyes you make these kids drink really scary and very Halloween
- budget-friendly recipe
- you can make this an hour before use.
A full list of ingredients can be found at the end of this blog.
- Black and green food coloring: black food coloring can be used to color the sugar for the glass rim. The green food coloring is used for making the apple juice bright green. You only need about 2 drips for each. Tip: you can also use already made black sugar.
- Sugar: after coloring used for making the rim.
- Apple juice: colored with green food coloring. The base of this drink
- Syrup: take a blood-red syrup (strawberry, pomegranate, or raspberry). The syrup weighs more in comparison with the juice and therefore will sink to the bottom of the glass and gives two layers.
- Eyes: (optional), glue these eyes to the glass for an extra scary effect.
You can find a recipe that you can easily print at the bottom of this blog.
Step 1 - Prep the glasses (optional).
Glue your eyes to the glass. Start with this step because after you prepared the sugar rim you don't want to touch the glass and wipe off the sugar.
Step 2 - Make a sugar rim
- If you don't have ready-made black sugar add two drops of food coloring with the sugar. Put this black sugar in a bowl. In a second bowl add some water.
- First, dip the glass in the water.
- Then dip in the black sugar.
- Let air dry for 10 minutes (as you see there's not a lot of sugar on the top, but there's enough on the side).
Step 3 - Prepare your green lemonade
Add two drips green food coloring to the apple juice and whisk until it's combined.
Step 4 - Finish
- First, pour the green apple juice into the glass.
- Then gently add the red syrup. The best way is to pour it via the back of a spoon. That way you can add it without disturbing the drink too much. The red syrup is heavier and will sink to the bottom.
Substitutions and Variations
In this recipe for non-alcoholic Kids, Halloween drink combines apple juice with strawberry syrup.
- Instead of using strawberry syrup, use blueberry syrup. This is darker and gives a nice effect.
- You can use Crystal Clear or some other sparkling light drink instead of apple juice. That way you get a nice bubble in your drink. Use some green food coloring to get the desired color.
Serve these delicious drinks with the spider cookies for a great treat!
- These shot glasses got the right size for these virgin drinks. They're just the right size.
- For decoration purposes, I used self-adhesive eyes, like these ones. Make sure you clean your glasses well before glueing the eyes to them.
- For getting those great colours I use food colouring. A few drops of these added to the liquids will do.
- The syrup is denser than the green juice, so when you pour it very carefully it will remain on the bottom. You can do so very gently when taking a spoon and add the syrup by pouring it via the convex side of the spoon.
- By wetting the glass rim and dip it in black sugar you get a beautiful Halloween glass. The sugar can be bought already made. Or you can make it yourself by mixing 2 drops of food coloring with sugar.
Syrup and apple juice - You can make and store the syrup and green apple juice a day before serving in the refrigerator.
Glass - You can glue the eyes to the glasses and create the sugar rim a few days before you want to serve it. Make sure to store the glasses in low humidity. And that nobody can touch the glasses. Don't store the glasses in the refrigerator, the sugar will dissolve.
Make it in advance - Make the mocktails up to 1 hour before serving.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Kids Halloween drink non alcoholic
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 drops black food coloring
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 teaspoons strawberry lemonade syrup
- plastic eyes optional
- Optional: Glue the eyes on the glass.plastic eyes
- If you don't have store-bought black sugar, mix the sugar with the black food coloring.2 drops black food coloring, 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dip the edge of the glass in water and then in the black sugar.
- Mix the juice with the natural green food coloring and pour it into the glass.½ cup apple juice, 2 drops green food coloring
- Pour very carefully the strawberry lemonade syrup in the glass so it won't dilute, but swirls to the bottom.2 teaspoons strawberry lemonade syrup