This Kids Halloween drinks non-alcoholic recipe is the mocktail you make for Halloween. It's sweet, refreshing, colorful and a virgin version. It's great for this party because you can make it in advance, and it looks terrific and scary when served. The kids will love this drink!
Kids Halloween Drinks Non-Alcoholic
Today a kids Halloween drink without alcohol, of course, because we won't forget our little ones.
When they walk through town doing the trick or treat and come back to the house with bags of candy corn, they love something to drink at the Halloween party. And in theme, you can serve this delicious mocktail. Now I serve you the how-to.
Why choose this Halloween mocktail?
- You only need five ingredients and a bag of DIY eyes
- Ready in just 5 minutes
- Non-alcoholic and therefore kid-friendly, pregnant women and people who don't (want to) drink alcohol
- By adding the eyes, you make these kids drink terrifying and very Halloween
- Budget-friendly recipe
- You can make this an hour before use.
What do you need for Non-Alcoholic Halloween Drinks?
To prepare these Kids' Halloween Drinks, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Black and green food coloring: black food coloring can be used to color the sugar for the glass rim. The green food coloring is used to make the apple juice bright green. You only need about two drips for each. Tip: you can also use already made black sugar.
- Sugar: after coloring, used for making the rim.
- Apple juice: colored with green food coloring. The base of this drink
- Syrup: take a blood-red syrup (strawberry, pomegranate, or raspberry). The syrup weighs more than the juice and, therefore, will sink to the bottom of the glass and gives two layers.
- Eyes: (optional); glue these eyes to the glass for an terrifying effect.
How to prepare Halloween Cocktail for Kids
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Glue your eyes to the glass. Start with this step because after you prepare the sugar rim, you don't want to touch the glass and wipe off the sugar.
- Put black sugar in a bowl. In a second bowl, add some water. First, dip the glass in the water. Then dip in the black sugar. Let air dry for 10 minutes (as you see, there's not a lot of sugar on the top, but there's enough on the side).
- Add two drops of green food coloring to the apple juice and whisk until it's combined. First, pour the green apple juice into the glass.
- Then gently add the red syrup. The best way is to add it via the back of a spoon. That way, you can add it without disturbing the drink too much. The red syrup is heavier and will sink to the bottom.
Substitutions and Variations
In this recipe for non-alcoholic Kids, a Halloween drink combines apple juice with strawberry syrup.
- Instead of using strawberry syrup, use blueberry syrup. This is darker and gives a nice effect.
- You can use Crystal Clear or other sparkling light drinks instead of apple juice. That way, you get a nice bubble in your glass. Use some green food coloring to get the desired color.
Serve these delicious drinks with these spider cookies for a great treat!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Kids Halloween Drinks Non-Alcoholic
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Optional: Glue the eyes on the glass.
- Optional: If you don't have store-bought black sugar, mix the sugar with the black food coloring.2 drops black food coloring
- Dip the edge of the glass in water and then in the black sugar.2 tablespoons black sugar
- Mix the juice with the natural green food coloring and pour it into the glass.½ cup apple juice, 2 drops green food coloring
- Pour the strawberry lemonade syrup carefully into the glass so it won't dilute but swirls to the bottom.2 teaspoons strawberry syrup
You can make the drinks an hour before. 5. The nutritional value shown is per Halloween drinks non-alcoholic