These creepy spider cookies look laborious but are oh-so-easy to make with lots of chocolate, crunchy cookies, and caramel. And everyone loves these Halloween cookies.
Spider Cookies Recipe
It's almost there: Halloween. On October 31st, we can shudder and horror through the streets again. And is it not fun to also serve something nice and scary with the coffee or give a great treat?
Now many people are quite afraid of spiders, and that is, of course, an appropriate starting point: spider cakes.
Now it may look complicated, but don't let it stop you. Within a minute or 10, you have decorated a pack of cookies. And you won't require many baking skills.
A treat for children
These cookies are great for Halloween Eve. Make them as a Trick or treat sweet and Halloween birthday parties. Because if your birthday is close to Halloween, then there is no nicer entry than this cookie.
What is Halloween?
Halloween is an American tradition, but it's a tradition that, in other forms, is an integrated part of Catholic culture. It originated from All Saints' Day, a Catholic feast where every year on November 1st, all saints of the Catholic Church are venerated and commemorated. And this day is a national holiday in many countries.
Halloween is celebrated the night before All Saints' Day and is celebrated in commemoration of all the dead. It is initially celebrated in many English-speaking countries, but it is also gaining a foothold in other countries, like the Netherlands.
Is Halloween a new tradition?
If you aren't living in America, you may be wondering if this is just another new tradition that has come over from another country. But Halloween goes back to the time of the Celts, who lived 2000 years ago in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and Northern France. They celebrated the New Year from the night of October 31st to November 1st. And this feast was called Samhain.
On this day, the end of autumn was celebrated, and the beginning of winter was heralded. So it is an ancient tradition.
What do you need for Spider Cookies for Halloween?
To prepare these spider cookies, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Cookies - A round, somewhat thicker biscuit is very suitable for this. In this recipe, I used chocolate chip cookies.
- Rolo - The Rolo chocolates that come in the roll.
- Chocolate icing - These tubes (decoration markers) can be bought online or in a baking store. Warm them, and you can quickly and easily make a decoration on the Halloween cookies. You can use dark chocolate icing or black icing pencil.
- Sugar eyes - I got them at an online store, and they're edible. You quickly stick them on the spider biscuit with the icing.
How to prepare Rolo Spider Cookies
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Smear on the bottom of the Rolo chocolate some chocolate frosting.
- Then, push the Rolo carefully on your cookie. Put some chocolate frosting on the top of the first roll and glue a second Rolo on that.
- Next, pipe some icing on the sugar eyes and paste them on the bottom, Rolo.
- With dark chocolate icing, put some stripes (which resemble the spider's legs)n from the Rolo to the outside of the cookie. Let it dry for 15 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Spider Cookies Recipe
- 12 cookies like chocolate chip cookies, or of course you bake them yourself
- 24 Rolo chocolates
- 3½ oz. Frosting store-bought
- 24 candy eyes
- 2 oz. colored sugar pencil
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put a cookie in front of you.12 cookies
- Coat the bottom of a Rolo with frosting and stick it on the cookie.3½ oz. Frosting, 24 Rolo chocolates
- Coat frosting on one side of the Rolo and tighten it against the other Rolo.
- Take two eyes, spread some frosting on the back, and stick it on the first Rolo (see photo).24 candy eyes
- Make 8 legs (on each side 4) from the Rolo spider to the edge.2 oz. colored sugar pencil
- Let everything dry, and continue with the rest of the cookies.
- Room Temperature: Store the Halloween cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Indicatie Voedingswaarde (per persoon/ portie):
Other Delicious Recipes
If you like this recipe for Spider cookies for Halloween you might also like:
Leave a Reply