This Halloween blues cocktail is what you make as your signature drink this year at your Halloween cocktail party! Dangerously drinkable with a good shot of Tequila and Blue curaçao, this cocktail is ready for your cocktail bar to serve.
Do you like Halloween? I will confess to you, I've had to get used to it for a few years. Halloween isn't that common in the Netherlands. But it's getting better every year. When I started my first Halloween menu, it was pretty exciting and strange, but now I'm busy with it for a few weeks.
I came up with the idea of a blue cocktail with a black edge just because you can fully put your creativity into it. So just get tuned and stay in the Halloween blues. Not that difficult to make, but certainly very tasty.
Why choose this Halloween blues cocktail?
- You will only need five ingredients (and that includes the black rim)
- Ready in just 5 minutes
- Dangerously drinkable
- Perfect for Halloweens Eve
- This drink is a crowd pleaser
Ingredients for this blue cocktail
These are the ingredients needed for a Halloween blues cocktail.
- Black sugar and lemon juice: To make a beautiful black rind on the top of the glass
- Blue curaçao: A liquor with an orange flavor. I used the blue variant. It contains 20 % alcohol.
- Cointreau: A liquor with an orange flavor. It's colorless and contains 40 % alcohol.
- Tequila: This Blanco variant tastes like Agave. It has 38 % alcohol.
How do you prepare this dangerously drinkable cocktail?
A printable recipe in easy steps can be found at the bottom of this blog.
Step 1: Make a black sugar rim. Put two bowls in front of you and fill one with lemon juice and the second one with black sugar. First, put the glass in the lemon juice and then the sugar. Let the sugar air dry for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Put some ice cubes in the shaker. Then add the Blue curaçao, Tequila, and Cointreau.
Step 3: Put the lid on the shaker and put your hand on top of the lid. Keep your hand on the lid because you don't want to lose your cap when shaking, and get Blue Curacao to your walls. Shake for 30 seconds.
Step 4: Pour the cocktail through the cocktail shaker sieve into the glass. Serve immediately.
Variations and Substitutions
- This recipe contains alcohol. If you want a non-alcoholic version, choose a lightly carbonated drink and add some blue food coloring. Don't choose a red or yellow base because you get a different color (although that can also be very Halloween-like).
- By wetting the edge of the glass, the sugar will stick better. You can buy colored sugar at, among other things, bakery stores.
- Blue Curacao blends wonderfully together with the Cointreau. The Tequila gives the whole a light pepper. That pepper fits perfectly with a Halloween drink.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- Cocktail glass
- 2 tablespoons sugar black
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon Blue Curaçao
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- 1 tablespoon Tequila
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put the lemon juice on a plate and the black sugar in a second dish.2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dip the edge of the champagne glass first into the lemon juice and then into the sugar. Put the glass in the refrigerator.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to a shaker.ice cubes
- Pour the Blue Curaçao, Tequila and Cointreau in the shaker.1 tablespoon Blue Curaçao, 1 tablespoon Cointreau, 1 tablespoon Tequila
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Use a sieve or a strainer and pour only the cocktail (without ice) into the glass. Serve immediately.