Crispy homemade hamburger buns. Delicious with a hamburger of the BBQ. And you know when they're the best? When you make them yourself.
Recently, I was looking for a nice hamburger buns recipe. You can buy them ready-made in the supermarket, but to be honest it tastes just as elastic. The sandwiches are also long-lasting, which isn't normal for bread, so there must be something artificial in it and I don't want that.
During my search, I came to the site of the broodbakshop and I found this recipe (in Dutch), which I adapted a bit.
I've made the recipe and it turned out to be a top bun! A beautifull raised delicious, tasty, fresh, soft top. Delicious! Let the beautiful summer days when we make a hamburger with a bun the luxe come! I'm already looking forward to it.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to looking it up. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Homemade hamburger buns
- 500 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast instant
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⅔ tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 egg size M, room temperature
- 275 ml milk
- sesame seeds
In the bread baking machine
- In the bread-making machine, you first add the wet ingredients: milk, sunflower oil, and egg. Then you sprinkle the flour on top. Spoon into one corner of the bowl the yeast and in the opposite corner the salt. In the middle add the sugar.
- Start the bread baking machine at its dough program (kneading and first rise). Pour out the dough on the work surface and push the air out.
- Warm the milk until it's lukewarm.
- Add the sugar and yeast.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes. Bubbles should appear on the surface. If they won't then your yeast isn't working anymore and you should start over with new yeast.
- Put the flour in a bowl and add the milk mixture, oil, and egg.
- Knead for 5 minutes, then add the salt.
- Knead further for another 5 minutes until the dough becomes soft and elastic.
- Oil a bowl and put the dough in.
- Cover with a slightly wet towel and on top plastic foil.
- Put in a warm environment for about 1h30 minutes. The dough should be doubled by then.
After the first step with the bread baking machine or kneading by hand.
- Place the parchment paper on the baking plate.
- Divide the dough into 9 equal pieces and make a ball from each piece.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet. Cover with a towel and let the dough rest for 15 minutes. Press the balls with a flat hand.
- Brush the top with some water and sprinkle the sesame seeds on the bun.
- Press the seeds a bit in and put the towel over it.
- Let rise for 1 hour.
- Turn on the oven during the final 30 minutes so it can pre-heat to 390 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Spray the buns with water from the spray bottle and slide them into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes until brown. Allow the bread to cool on a wire rack.