A delicious twist bread with a chocolate Nutella filling. The bread can be separated in delicious sweet buns which can be served at a brunch or high tea.
- The 4 circles got to be 20 cm, but if they aren't exactly the same diameter, that doesn't matter to much. You won't see it when the bread is baked.
- Make sure your Nutella is at room temperature. When it's to cold it won't smear.
- When cutting the bread in 8 triangles, it's a good thing to put the bread in the refrigerator before doing so for about half an hour. Therefor the Nutella hardens and the forming of the bread is so much easier.
- Substitute Nutella by regular chocolate paste or white chocolate paste
- 50 grams of finely chopped hazelnuts. Mix them through the 200 grams of Nutella (make sure everything is at room temperature)
- This bread will stay fresh up to 3 days at room temperature when you wrap it airtight.
- Don't store this bread in the refrigerator. The structure will change, which isn't that nice.
- You can freeze this bread. Wrap it, when cooled down to room temperature, in plastic foil. Freeze it up to 1 month.
Other delicious bread
- Three dough sweet bread wreath
- Soda bread with cranberries
- Cinnamon sweet bread wreath
- Cinnamon sugar swirl buns
It's a good taste!
Recipe Nutella twist
Did you make this Nutella twist bread? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Nutella twist bread
- 200 gram condensed milk sweetened
- 2 eggs large
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 120 ml water warm
- 7 grams yeast
- 500 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 3 tablespoons water hot
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon instant coffee
- 100 v Nutella
- Mix the condensed milk, yeast, oil, water, and eggs in the bowl of your mixer.
- Add the flour one cup at a time and knead using the kneading attachment or by hand till you get a soft dough. The dough will be slightly sticky due to the sweetened condensed milk, don’t worry once the dough rests it will have a wonderful consistency.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and allow to rest till it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough.
- Divide the dough ball into 4 parts.
- Roll each part into a circle at least 20 cm (8 inch) in diameter.
- Spread ⅓ of the Nutella on the first layer.
- Place the second layer on top of the first and repeat.
- Then put the third layer on top of the first two and spread the rest of the Nutella on top.
- Top with the fourth layer, this time only brush it with butter.
- Using a knife make cuts that divide the dough circles into 8 triangles starting at the center but don’t go all the way to the outer edge.
- Gently lift the triangles one at a time and twist them.
- Brush the dough with coffee glaze.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes during which you would heat your oven to very hot 240°C (rack in the middle).
- Bake for 5 minutes on very hot (240°C), then lower the temperature to moderately hot (200°C) and bake for 15-20 more minutes.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.