A great recipe for delicious cranberry buns, delicious when eaten fresh and warm with a bit of butter. Made from scratch and delicious for brunch.
You enter the house and the smell of freshly baked bread is coming towards you. The table is covered with romantic candles and on your plate lays a cranberry bun. Homemade with pure ingredients (and you know exactly what's in it because you made them from scratch).
Because the rolls are a little bit warm, the butter melts on the bread. You take a bite and taste the creamy butter combined with the light sweetness of the cranberries spreads to your taste buds. If this sounds delicious, the following recipe is for you!
- The dough is enough for 1 cranberry loaf baked in a large bread tin. Bake the bread for 45 minutes.
- Knead the dough for a minimum of 10 minutes, but, if necessary for a bit longer. The dough will feel a bit stiff in the beginning when you start kneading. But there comes a point when it's elastic and flexible. The dough is then ready.
- Substitute cranberries with raisins and currants to get a delicious raisin bread.
- Are you vegan? Substitute the butter by margarine and milk with soy milk.
- these buns don't need very much but a bit of butter on a warm slice of bread is the best for sure.
- Normally you’ll eat the buns the same day, because they’ll get stale.
- In a special bread container bread will stay fresh up to 3 days.
- Don’t store bread in the refrigerator. Because of the moist in a refrigerator, the bread gets a different structure. Not really tasty.
- Bread can be frozen quite well up to two weeks. Take the bread of the freezer 3 hours before you’re planning to eat. If you want to eat your bread warm, you bake it 3 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (right out of the freezer).
Other delicious bun
It's a good taste!
Did you make this Cranberry buns? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 200 grams cranberries
- 100 mL apple juice
- 110 grams milk whole
- 110 grams water room temperature
- 5 grams yeast dry
- 325 grams wheat flour
- 35 grams sugar
- 6 grams salt
- 30 grams butter unsalted, room temperature , cut into cubes
- butter Extra, to brush the buns after baking
- Let the cranberries soak in apple juice overnight.
Preparation dough with a mixer with dough hooks
- Put all the ingredients for the dough, except the butter, in a bowl.
- Knead the dough with the dough hook for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter cubes and knead until the dough feels smooth for another 5 minutes.
- Dry cranberries between kitchen paper and mix them by hand into the dough.
- Grease a bowl with oil and form a ball of dough.
- Put the ball in the bowl , turn around so the ball on all sides is covered with oil and top the bowl with a wet towel and a plastic foil on top.
- Leave the dough to rise for 60 to 90 minutes or until doubled.
Preparation with a bread baking machine
- Put all the ingredients, except for the cranberries in the machine and turn the dough program (knead plus first rise) on.
- Meanwhile dry the cranberries with a towel and add after 10 minutes of kneading.
- Continue with the program.
Continue (after finishing the first step for both methods)
- Transfer the dough onto your work surface, press out the air and form a ball.
- Now place the dough for 20 minutes under a towel, so it can rest.
- Divide the dough into six equal pieces.
- Press each piece flat into a rectangle with the width of your baking tin.
- Roll the dough firmly to make a roll and press the seam tightly.
- Place the dough with the seam side down in the pan. Repeat for all pieces.
- Cover with a slightly wet kitchen towel topped with plastic foil and leave to rise in a warm place for another 60 minutes.
- Preheat after half an hour the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Put the bread in the oven and reduce the oven temperature immedeately to 180 degrees Celsius. Bake the breads for 25 minutes (for a big loaf 35 - 40 minutes).
- Take the bread out of the tins on your work surface and brush with butter. Cool down on a rack.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.