It's almost Halloween and these creepy bread fingers are delicious to eat. Besides having a creepy look like they are delicious. Truly a must!
Halloween, if you look it up it is actually the evening of All Saints. This evening, the dead would rise is the believe. In some countries it is customary to lay down some food for the door while in other countries, people dress up and go door to door for candy.
A few years ago Halloween was very unknown in the Netherlands, but it seems that Halloween is emerging around here.
This week therefor a Halloween week, just to start with strange combinations right away. These are the strangest combinations that I've ever heard (or have encountered on the Internet):
Top 5 bizar
- Highlighting on place number one: herring with jam. Whoever invented that, ...
- Bananas with mayonnaise sandwich. So no yummy combination.
- Stir-fry egg with maple syrup (this smacks of a sugar addiction)
- Banana Ketchup (I know people who love this, but I can not get used to)
- Peanut butter and jelly. Really for me, not a combination, but I know people in my area who swear by eating it (really dad ???)
Do you know yet bizarre food combinations?
These creepy bread fingers are inspired by a recipe of Artisanbreadinfive and at my home they are a screaming success!
Tips for making creepy bread
- I give you a recipe for making white bread dough, but it is also delicious with whole wheat flour;
- Instead of water add cooking water of spinach (yummy green) for green fingers;
- The fingers are to really great to serve with soup
Preparing creepy bread
One day earlier:
- Make this bread fingers one day in advance and store in a paper bag until use.
Store scary bread
- Room temperature: store up to one day in a paper bag;
- Freezer. Freeze them immediately after cooling down to room temperature and thaw just before use. They can be stored in the freezer up to 1 month
It's a good taste!
Recipe Creepy bread
Did you make this creepy bread fingers? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Creepy bread fingers
- 110 ml water
- ¾ teaspoon yeast dry
- 180 grams flour
- 3 grams salt
- 10 almonds
- Mix the flour with the yeast and water and knead well for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt on the dough and knead further until the dough is smooth and elastic (knead about 10 minutes).
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover first with a slightly moist tea towel and afterwards with plastic wrap.
- Put the bowl in a warm place for about 1 hour so that the dough can rise.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and push out the air.
- Divide into 10 balls and roll each ball until it's a roll of about 10 cm..
- Halfway of the roll turn the dough around (so you get the form of a knuckle).
- Place on the baking sheet and let rise for another 45 minutes under a slightly moist tea towel and then plastic foil.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Press an almond on top of the dough (finger nail) and bake the fingers for 20 minutes in the oven, or until golden brown.