Taste this delicious cheese fondue made in bread. The delightful mix of four melted cheeses, deliciously flavored, in which you dip crusty bread. The creamy, melted cheese mixes with the bread and gives a delicious bite with every bite. Easy and quick to make. Enjoy this ultimate comfort food. And now also with a special Halloween version!
Cheese Fondue in Bread: Full of Atmosphere and Taste!
What could be cozier than a delicious cheese fondue? Delicious with a fondue fork and pieces of bread and vegetables to dip in the melted cheese. It belongs to fun cooking. Enjoying together, pleasant conversations, and the food you dip in the cheese. Nice drink with it. This is comfort food at its best.
Cheese fondue in bread is a twist on the 'normal' fondue. It is a bit creamier and less pronounced in taste. You eat it with crunchy vegetables and the bread you have left over when you hollow it out. If you cut that bread into cubes and drizzle olive oil and sea salt over it and rub it with garlic, you have a top recipe.
And now, especially also with a Halloween version. Because this cream cheese fondue is suitable for that.
What do you need for Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl?
To prepare this Cheese Fondue Bread Bowl, you require the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
Ingredients Cheese Fondue Bread Bowl
- Cream cheese: This is a white, creamy, spreadable type of cheese. It has a mild taste. Natural cream cheese is used here.
- Gouda cheese: A cheese with a full, creamy taste. Use it grated, then it melts better.
- Cheddar: An English orange-colored cheese that tastes spicy. If you want to replace it, you could use Gruyère. Use grated Cheddar; then it melts better in the fondue.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Is a slightly spicy bright orange sweet and sour sauce. Made from chili pepper, sugar, vinegar, and other seasonings.
- Mascarpone: a soft and rich cream cheese that makes the mousse very creamy.
- Bread, uncut: A corn roll, sourdough bread, or other bread, this cheese fondue always tastes good. Make sure the bread is uncut because you want to be able to hollow out the bread yourself.
Ingredients Halloween Style
- Puff pastry: Dough that is savory and made of butter and flour. It puff's when it is baked.
- Egg: Used to 'stick' the topping to the dough.
- Sesame seeds: Topping to give color to the dough.
How to prepare Fondue Bread Bowl
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
Preparation of Cheese Fondue Bread Bowl
- Put the mascarpone, cream cheese, grated Gouda cheese, and Cheddar in a bowl and add the chili sauce.
- Mix everything well.
- Hollow out the bread. Save the cubes, you can rub with a clove of garlic and then crispy fry in olive oil. Delicious for dipping in the cheese fondue.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the bread. Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 390 °F (ca. 199 °C) for 12 minutes until the cheese mixture is melted and warm.
Preparation Halloween Style
- Cut out a Jack-O-Lantern mouth, nose, and eyes from the dough slice.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds (or another topping). After pouring the cheese mixture into the bread, place the pieces of dough on top of the cheese. Then bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and the decoration is golden brown.
Serve with bread cubes (from the bread in which you pour the cheese fondue), baguette or ciabatta, and raw vegetables.
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
Savory pie dough: Can be replaced with puff pastry.
Also tasty: add ¼ cup (50 ml) of wine to the cheese.
More flavor: Rub the inside of the bread cavity with half a clove of garlic.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Cheese Fondue Bread Bowl
Cheese fondue bread bowl
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¾ cup Gouda cheese grated
- 1 ¼ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup mascarpone
- 1 whole bread round
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- sesame seeds
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
Cheese fondue bread bowl
- Preheat the oven to 390 °F or 350 °F
- Mix the cheeses, chili sauce, and mascarpone in a bowl.1 cup cream cheese, ¾ cup Gouda cheese, 1 ¼ cups grated cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, ⅓ cup mascarpone
- Hollow out the bread.1 whole bread
- Pour the cheese mixture into the bread. (Halloween style go to *)
- Bake the bread in the oven for 12 minutes until the cheese mixture is warm and fluid.
- Serve immediately.
* Halloween Style
- Cut the slice puff pastry into triangles for the eyes and nose, then cut out a mouth.1 sheet puff pastry
- Place it on the cheese mixture and brush it with the beaten egg.1 egg
- Sprinkle sesame, poppy, or anything else on the face, so you can recognize them.sesame seeds
- Bake the bread in the oven for 12 minutes, until the cheese mixture is fluid, and the dough is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Because the cheese fondue is in the bread, you cannot store it.