One of my favorite raclette dishes, which I always make when having a raclette dinner party is this raclette recipe shrimp pili pil. And of course I want to share that with you!
Shrimp, you like them or you despise them. In our house we've got both sites. I, on one site, you probably can guess just love shrimp, together with my husband and our youngest. But the other two can't almost bear the smell (you can't have anything in life, can you). And then shrimp are one of the favorites by our youngest. When preparing he's already started to ask when we're finally going to eat them. And if I can add some more. And this recipe is one of his favorites (he's got great taste, our little one).
- most shrimp you buy in the Netherlands, the gut isn't removed yet. The gut is the little black line you can see on the upper side of the shrimp. By making a small incision in the shrimp with the tip of your knife, you can easily remove it.
- if you bought frozen shrimp, thaw them easily by holding them underneath cold running water. It will only take 1-2 minutes.
- you only have to bake the shrimp and therefor the garlic very short for this recipe, the garlic won't brown and become bitter.
It's a good taste!
Raclette recipe shrimp
Raclette recipe: shrimp pili pili
- 1-2 red peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 60 ml olive oil
- 400 gram shrimp gut removed
- parsley slice coarsly
- Cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds.
- Slice the pepper in stripes.
- Remove the skin of the garlic and slice it into pieces.
- Mix the olive oil with the garlic and red peppers and add the shrimp.
- Put in the refrigerator until use.
- When serving with your raclette dinner party, serve the shrimp and a bowl with parsley to garnish after baking.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Raclette table grill