They look at you, do you dare to take a bite here? These Halloween mummies are to eat! Easy to make and quickly finished.
It's autumn and then the best months of the year come as a food blogger. First Halloween, where you can fully enjoy all new fall flavors and let your imagination run free. Thanksgiving, where you can prepare delicious recipes. Sinterklaas (a Dutch tradition) where you can put the most delicious dishes on the table with warming gingerbread spices. Christmas where you can do decadent meals and that time we conclude with New Year's Eve where festive snacks are always a winner (besides Dutch donuts of course).
But as you can see in my listing first Halloween. I always try to vary in recipes that I place on my blog, so after the spiders cookies, now something savory: mummies to eat. Frankfurter sausage twisted in a bandage of croissant dough and provided with two eyes that seem to follow you. And if you need even more Halloween inspiration. Take a look at my other Halloween recipes. I'm sure you can find something of your taste over there.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Mummies to
Did you make this mummies to eat? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Mummies to eat
- 8 Frankfurters
- 6 sheets croissant dough
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 16 candy eyes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the cheese into 8 pieces.
- Remove the croissant dough from the packaging and follow the cut lines to get three squares (two croissants against each other)
- Cut each square into 6 strips. Separate them and place two strips one after another and press them down. This gives you a nice long mummy bandage. Repeat for all strips and squares croissant dough.
- Grab a Frankfurter and start at the bottom of the Frankfurter with the wrapping with croissant dough. When you have reached the top, you leave an opening free for the eyes and any leftovers dough wrap further down again.
- Press a slice of cheese into the opening. This melts so that you can easily stick the eyes after baking.
- Bake the croissants in the oven for 12-14 minutes until they are nicely browned.
- Remove them from the oven and immediately stick two eyes per mummy (otherwise the cheese will solidify and will not stick anymore).
- Serve immediately or eat cold (also very tasty!)