This Mexican chicken nacho casserole is delicious stuffed with chicken that has been seasoned with Mexican spices and which is simmered in tomato sauce. Everything covered with crunchy nachos and Halloween style wraps.
As promised yesterday, today, a main course. One of the favorites at our table: Mexican nacho platter. Recognizable? Yes there is another Mexican nacho casserole on this site, filled with ground beef, peas and cabbage. This time we take a different path: chicken, green beans and tomato sauce. Of course I didn't skip the nachos and shredded cheese. And to throw it all in the theme of this week I plunged pumpkins and ghosts with a cookie cutter from wraps and spread them over the casserole. Delicious, we have enjoyed it very much.
- you want to pre prepare your dish, bake the chicken and vegetables and add them to the casserole and store it in the refrigerator. Don't top it with nacho's yet (top just before baking in the oven), otherwise they will get soft.
- you make your own mexican spice by using garlic, onion, cumin, chilli and paprika you can adjust flavor. So if you want the dish spicier, you can add extra chillies.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Mexican chicken nacho casserole
Did you make this Mexican chicken nacho casserole - Halloween style? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Mexican chicken nacho casserole – Halloween style
- 500 grams chicken small cubes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 400 gram tomatoes diced
- 300 grams green beans
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 100 grams cheese mature grated
- 2 tortilla's
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Mix the spices and spread on the chicken.
- Fruit the onion in a little oil in a frying pan for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add the garlic and bake for another minute.
- Add the chicken and fry until done.
- Put the vegetables to the pan (tomatoes, green beans) and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Layer this mixture on the bottom of a oven dish.
- Spread the creme fraiche over the meat.
- Lay the tortilla chips on top.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Slide the tray into the oven for 20 minutes. If you want to make Halloween style follow the next 3 steps:
- Bake the casserole 15 minutes.
- Put the tortilla's in front of you. With a cookie cutter plunge Halloween forms out of the wraps.
- Spread the wraps on the casserole and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a nice salad.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils like this I've used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation. It's also possible to order directly if you're in need.
- a good pair of knives
- oven dish
- frying pan
- cookie cutters
- cutting board