This simple sausage traybake is super quick and easy to make. It is an oven dish where you mix the ingredients with oil and seasonings. Then, you spread that on a baking tray and slide it into the oven. And you don't have to worry about it anymore! That's a really nice and easy mid-week meal. And budget-friendly too!
Simple Sausage Traybake
Do you fancy a tasty and easy meal for dinner? Then this traybake with potato wedges, smoked sausage, carrot, and delicious herbs is something for you!
If you like budget-friendly, peel and cut the potatoes into wedges. Takes you probably a minute or five. If you go for very easy, buy them ready-made. Then clean the carrots, cut them into slices, and do the same for the sausage. Next, mix a garlic herb marinade with vegetables, potatoes, and meat. It probably takes about 10 minutes, and you are ready to slide it into the oven. That will be so great.
What do you need for Sausage & Potato Traybake?
To prepare this Simple Sausage Traybake, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Potatoes - Use floury potatoes to make this recipe. Russet, Doré, King Edward, and Maris Piper are great choices. Want a quick meal? Then there are also ready-made wedges for sale. You can also use baby Dutch potatoes, which you half.
- Carrot - Wash and peel the carrot. Cut it into small slices; then, it will cook as quickly as the potatoes.
- Onion and Garlic - Both give a deep flavor to this traybake.
- Olive oil - Because you use few ingredients, the taste is even more important. So use a delicious extra virgin olive oil for this recipe.
- Salt - To balance the taste of the dish.
- Kielbasa - (or Polish sausage) originated in Poland. It comes in a dozen varieties, but this one is made with pork and smoked. In the Netherlands, we've got our variety called Rookworst, which is not very well available in America.
- Italian herbs - This spice mix with parsley, oregano, chives, and basil gives a delicious taste to this simple sausage traybake.
How to prepare Easy Sausage and Potato Traybake
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Mix the olive oil, Italian herbs, salt, and garlic.
- Add the potato wedges and mix well.
- Add the carrot and smoked sausage to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are coated with oil.
- Spread on a baking tray, as much as possible, in one layer to get everything cooked simultaneously, and bake for 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 430 °F (220 °C).
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- Instead of potatoes, you can also use Sweet Potato in wedges or cubes.
- Do you want to add or replace vegetables? Think of diced bell pepper, parsnips, chopped red onion, and peas.
- You can also replace the smoked sausage with beef or pork sausage.
- Do you like spicy? Then add ¼ teaspoon of chili flakes.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Simple Sausage Traybake
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 2 ½ pounds potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 pounds carrots washed and peeled. Cut into thin slices.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 pound kielbasa smoked sausage, sliced
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 430 °F or 400 °F
- Combine the oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt in a bowl.3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- Add the potato wedges and mix.2 ½ pounds potatoes
- Then put the carrot, onion and smoked sausage slices in the dish and mix all ingredients with a layer of oil.2 pounds carrots, 1 onion, 1 pound kielbasa
- Spread the contents of the bowl on a baking sheet, as much as possible, in one layer, and slide into the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes and serve immediately.
- Refrigerator - Keep the Sausage & Potato Traybake covered in the fridge for up to three days.
- Freezer - This is a dish that you should not freeze.
- Oven - Place in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C).
- Microwave - Heat at 30-second intervals until very hot.