A nice light, slim and vegetarian soup full of vitamins, which splashes off your plate. Serve it with a crispy piece Halloumi.
This soup is packed with fresh vegetables: bok choy, spinach and kale. Delicious flavored with herbs and diced Halloumi. Halloumi is a hard sheep cheese, which you can bake quite well, making it deliciously crunchy on the outside while it remains soft on the inside.
A delicious alternative to meat and certainly a very good combination with the green vegetables in this soup.
When I was making this soup, the first reactions of my household were however not overly positive. Several individuals took a look in the stockpot and making a grimace. There were very many vegetables in the pan. After I gently but firmly removed them out of the kitchen I pureed the soup and then baked halloumi.
Served in a nice little soup bowl with some diced crunchy cheese, they found the soup actually quite nice. They are learning, those men from me.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
bok choy and kale spinach soup with Halloumi
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 grams kale washed and chopped
- 1 bok choy washed and chopped
- 200 grams spinach
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 200 grams Halloumi
- Chop the shallots.
- Heat a large pan with oil and fry the onion two minutes.
- Add the kale and bake for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the spinach, bok choy and turmeric into the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Let everything cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile you cut the halloumi into cubes.
- Heat a pan over low heat and fry the halloumi until t's nice and crispy.
- Puree the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a beautiful soup bowl.
- Put some diced halloumi in.
- Tip: drip a little olive oil for extra flavor in the soup.