Shrimp soup with ricotta. Flavored with white wine, herbs, ricotta, and delicious homemade shrimp stock. And filled with shrimp. What a delicacy in one bowl of soup.
Have you ever had shrimp soup? Then you know what a special, velvety flavor it has. And this soup, where the shrimps have been swimming in broth and wine is a delicacy. The ricotta makes the soup creamy. The shrimps give it a bite. Highly recommended!
- Skinning tomatoes is easy when you cut a small cross in the bottom of the tomato. Then dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 15 seconds. Transfer the tomato than to a bowl of iced water and leave it for a while. By then the skin of the tomato will peel off easily.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Shrimp soup with ricotta
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 onion quartered
- shrimp waste peeling washed thoroughly
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot sliced in three pieces
- 1 celery stalk sliced in three pieces
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 liter water
Shrimp Soup with Ricotta
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 6 tomatoes
- 500 ml shrimp broth recipe above
- 250 ml dry white wine Chardonnay is great
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 100 grams ricotta
- 250 grams shrimp peeled
- 3 sprigs parsley leaves finely chopped
- Put all ingredients in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Let the broth simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the broth first through a coarse sieve and then through a fine sieve in which you place a cheesecloth (or towel).
- Let the broth cool down to room temperature.
Shrimp Soup with ricotta
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, and cut them into small cubes.
- Melt the butter and sauté the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Then pour in the shrimp broth, wine and add the rosemary.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ricotta and puree the soup in a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the shrimp in the soup and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
- Skinning tomatoes is easy when you cut a small cross in the bottom of the tomato. Then dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 15 seconds. Transfer the tomato then to a bowl of iced water and leave it for a while. By then the skin of the tomato will peel off easily.