A fresh vegetable soup with crêpes, the ideal combination (according to most kids). This soup can be served as a starter or as a part of a buffet.
A fresh vegetable soup with crêpes, the ideal combination (according to most kids). This soup can be served as a starter or as a part of a buffet. You can eat it as a lunch with some grainy bread with butter and a nice salad.
Tip: The vegetable soup I make from vegetable stock that I've made myself from fresh veggies. I don't throw it away, but collect it and then make a big batch. I freeze it in some small portions (250 - 500 ml). And I fill an ice cub tray with some stock (that's always handy to brighten up a sauce or gravy).
It's a good taste!
Vegetable soup with
Vegetable soup with crêpes
- 1 egg L
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 100 ml milk
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- vegetable stock
- 1 carrot julienned
- ½ leek trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato skinned and cleaned of seeds and chopped into small cubes
- sliced crêpes
- 6 sprigs parsley finely chopped
- Make a batter for the crêpes: Mix the flour with the egg, milk and a pinch of salt and stir with a whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Melt the butter in the pan and bake thin crêpes.
- Allow the crêpes to cool slightly. Roll them up and cut into thin strips.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion in 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry it for a minute.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the carrot and leeks and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Add the crêpes to the soup, warm for 1 minute.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.