This recipe for Oriental pumpkin carrot soup is delicious for Thanksgiving. Full of flavor, with coconut milk and creamy. A real super soup!
Maybe this soup isn't the first thing that pops up your mind when you think of Thanksgiving dinner. Think again, because this soup is so delicious. The veggies are great, the soup is creamy and the spices are full of flavor.
- you use coconut milk, this soup is also great when you've got a lactose allergy. This recipe contains almost no allergens, so it's very allergy friendly.
- you bake the onion and spices, they will get even more flavor
- use an immersion blender, it's the most easy way to puree your soup. If you don't have one, use a normal blender, but puree the soup in batches.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Oriental pumpkin carrot
Did you make this oriental pumpkin carrot soup? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Oriental pumpkin carrot soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion medium chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons ginger fresh, grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 250 mL coconut milk
- 750 mL vegetable broth
- 150 gram carrot peeled and chopped coarsely
- 150 gram pumpkin peeled, deseeded en chopped in 2 x 2 cm cubes
- salt and pepper at taste
- Heat the oil in the pan and bake the onion about 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and curry powder and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and broth, stir wel and then add the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and turn the heat low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- With an immersion blender puree the soup.
- Add salt and pepper at taste.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.