Discover this delicious recipe for a creamy Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk and ginger. A heartwarming autumn experience. This delicious bowl of soup is packed with flavor and has a perfect creamy texture. And you can put it on the table quickly! I'm going to share this recipe with you!
Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
While the leaves fall from the trees and the days get shorter, nothing is as tasty as a bowl of creamy Oriental pumpkin soup. I love pumpkin, with its subtle sweet taste.
And it turns out to combine wonderfully with coconut milk and ginger. The coconut milk gives you a creamy taste, and the ginger gives a little spice and warmth. Together with the curry, it becomes a delicious taste sensation with every spoonful you eat. And what's extra nice about this recipe is that it is lactose-free. This way, almost everyone can enjoy it!
Coconut and Ginger Pumpkin Soup
And because you, like me, sometimes have super busy days, it's good to have a few simple, quick recipes in stock. And this creamy Oriental pumpkin soup with ginger and coconut milk is a perfect example.
You only have to do a little, and the soup is already cooking on the stove. After pureeing, you have a bowl of steaming soup on the table that will make you completely happy.
So whether you come home after a long day or want to put a tasty meal on the table quickly, you will like this Oriental pumpkin soup! Enjoy this delicious soup. Tasty!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion medium sized, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic squeezed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrots peeled and chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup pumpkin peeled, deseeded en chopped in 1 x 1 inch (2 x 2 cm) cubes
- salt and pepper at taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat the oil in the pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes.1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 onion
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry powder and stir-fry for 1 minute.2 teaspoons fresh ginger, 1 clove garlic, 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Pour in the coconut milk and broth and stir well.1 cup coconut milk, 3 cups vegetable broth
- Then, add the pumpkin and carrot cubes.1 cup carrots, ¾ cup pumpkin
- Bring to a boil and turn the heat low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- With an immersion blender, purée the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.salt and pepper
2. Onion and spices: Because the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry are fried, they get even more flavor. 3. Purée: The easiest thing to do is to use a hand blender to purée the soup. If you don't have one, use a regular blender and purée the soup in batches. 4. Pumpkin: Use a butternut squash or an orange pumpkin. 5. Vegetable stock: The best thing is homemade vegetable stock. If you don't have one, make one from a block. 6. Store leftovers Before storing, cool quickly back to room temperature.
- Refrigerator: Store the pumpkin soup in an airtight container for two days.
- Freezer: Freeze the soup in a freezer container. It stays good for up to 2 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator.
- To reheat: Heat the soup over medium heat until warm and not boiling.