Easy onion soup, what's in a name, this soup ready within 20 minutes is simple and delicious and you only need 6 ingredients. A great soup to serve when you've got unexpected visitors.
Valentine's day is over and we've left behind Mardi grass (or Carnaval as it's called down here). You could think that all the holidays and parties are gone. Wrong. In 6 weeks it will be Easter again. And off course there will be a lot of Easter recipes on the blog in the upcoming weeks. But we are taking it slow for now and are starting with a delicious soup.
A slightly sweet onion soup as a delicious lunch or dinner. At the table in 20 minutes. And what's even nicer, to top it with slices baguette sprinkled with grated cheese. Grill for a few minutes until the cheese is molten and you've got a delicious meal.
And if you really want to make a traditional French onion soup. You can find the recipe via this link.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Easy onion
Did you make this easy onion soup with only 6 ingredients? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Easy onion soup with only 6 ingredients
- Soup pan
- Grill oven
- 4 soup bowls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic sliced thin
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- cheese grated
- Melt the butter in a pan on a stove.
- Bake the onion until they are glassy. After about 3 minutes add the garlic and bake with the onion
- Add the stock and Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bring to the boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste, and if necessary, at some salt and pepper at taste.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the baguette in thin slices.
- Pour the soup in an ovenproof bowl and top with the baguette slices.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the bread and let the cheese melt in about 3 minutes under the broiler.