Fresh, delicious and slightly sour, that is the flavor of this cucumber salad. The dill and yogurt gives it a delicious Greek touch.
Besides the salad skewers I also served a delicious cucumber salad with my Greek buffet. By using yogurt and dill which are delicious seasonings that really belong to the Greek cuisine. By mixing the yogurt with real fruity olive oil from Greece, the whole gets a bit lighter.
- you use yogurt and olive oil as a dressing you don't want any extra moisture from the cucumber. You therefore halve the cucumber and scrape the seeds out.
- you really want to go Greek all the way, you use creamy Greek yogurt. If you want to make the skinny version, you buy some skinny yogurt and pour the yogurt in a cheesecloth which you hang above a bowl, so a lot of moisture will drip out. After one night, you get a thick yogurt with got a creamy flavor, but slightly fewer calories.
- you want the best olive oil from Greece, take one from the region of Kalamata. This olive oil is very fruity and fits well with this recipe.
In the morning
Make the salad in the morning. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until the buffet starts.
Recipe: Greek cucumber dill yogurt salad
Did you make this cucumber dill yogurt salad? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Cucumber dill yogurt salad
- 2 cucumbers English
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Greek
- 5 sprigs dill fresh
- salt and pepper at taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Wash the cucumber and cut in half vertically.
- Scrape the seeds out with a spoon.
- Cut the cucumber in half moons of approximately 0.5 cm thick.
- Make a marinade of Greek yoghurt and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ris the dill and mix the leaves with the yogurt.
- Mix the marinade with the cucumber and let everything come at taste in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Leave a Reply