The most delicious Easter Egg Filled Cupcakes with a surprise. They're airy, soft, and got a delicious vanilla flavor. A chocolate egg is hidden in the center of each cupcake. The topping of rich buttercream is easy to make. A delicious sweet Easter bake.
Easter Egg Filled Cupcakes
I always want to add a little sweet dish to the table for brunch. And this time I made these Easter cupcakes. They have a delicious buttercream topping and a chocolate egg is hidden in the center of each cupcake.
Baking cupcakes isn't that difficult. The trick is to use all ingredients at room temperature. As a result, they blend easily and the cupcakes become light and creamy. Just the way they taste best.
Do you like cupcakes? Then you don't want to miss out on these Easter cupcakes. You can easily eat them out of hand and they look great at your brunch table, at afternoon tea (High tea), or when serving coffee.
And do you want to start baking even more sweetness during Easter? Then this cake filled with chocolate Easter eggs, and this Easter egg turban, will be to your delight.
This recipe is adapted from the blog of Jamilla and Marlies (Dutch blog): Knutselenindekeuken.
What do you need for Easter Surprise Cupcakes
For the preparation of these Easter Egg Filled Cupcakes you need the following ingredients (you can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog):
- Flour, butter, sugar, and eggs - The ingredients you always use when baking a (cup)cake. Make sure everything is at room temperature. That way you'll get a smooth and moist cake.
- Baking powder - To get more airiness in your cake. You can substitute the flour and baking powder with 2 cups of self-rising flour.
- Vanilla extract - To give your cupcake a hint of vanilla. If you don't have vanilla extract? Substitute it with two teaspoons vanilla sugar.
- Chocolate eggs - You need 12 chocolate eggs for this recipe. And of course, you can use the flavor you like: white, milk, dark, or hazelnuts. Don't use chocolate eggs with a soft filling.
- Confectioner's sugar, butter, and vanilla extract - Make a delicious buttercream with these ingredients. Make sure the butter is at room temperature, so you can mix it well.
How to make Chocolate Egg Stuffed Cupcakes
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
Step 1 - preparation
- Put the paper forms into the cupcake tin (12 holes). And preheat the oven to 355 °F (180 °C).
- Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the salt.
- Mix everything.
Step 2 - Mix all liquid ingredients
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix everything for two minutes at high speed.
- Mix until the butter and sugar are creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one. Add the next egg when the previous one is incorporated.
- Pour the vanilla extract into the batter. Mix for one minute at high speed.
Step 3 - Mix the flour through the batter
- Mix half of the flour through the batter and then mix for fifteen seconds at low speed.
- Pour the milk with the batter and mix for ten seconds.
- Add the remaining flour to the batter.
- Mix on low speed until the flour is incorporated into the batter.
Step 4 - Fill the form with batter and bake
- Fill the cupcake form with two tablespoons of batter.
- Put a chocolate egg in the middle of the batter.
- Divide the remaining batter into the cupcake forms. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Check with a satay pricker if the cupcakes are done. Put the pricker into the middle of the cupcakes. The pricker should be dry and clean (otherwise bake for another two minutes and check again).
- Let the cupcakes stand for five minutes and get them out of the baking tin. Let them cool down on a rack to room temperature.
Step 5 - Prepare the butter cream
- Mix butter in a bowl for two minutes at high speed. Add confectioner's sugar one tablespoon at a time, until all the sugar is added.
- Add, while still mixing, the vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot water into the bowl and mix at high speed for a minute.
- Put the buttercream in a piping bag. When it's very soft put it in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes to harden. I used a Wilton piping mouth 1A in combination with a big adapter.
Step 6 - Decorate!
- Pipe buttercream on the cooled Easter Egg filled Cupcakes.
- Add a chocolate egg on the top of the buttercream.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Easter Egg Filled Cupcakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter unsalted room temperature
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs size L
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 sticks butter unsalted , room temperature
- 2 tablespoons water hot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 355 °F (180 °C).
- Place a paper tin in each hole of the cupcake baking tin.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a second bowl, mix the butter and sugar with a mixer for two minutes until creamy.2 sticks butter, 1¼ cups sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time while continuing to mix.4 eggs
- Pour in the vanilla extract.1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spoon half of the flour mixture into the batter and mix at low speed for fifteen seconds.
- Pour in the milk, mix for ten seconds, and then the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until the flour mixture is just incorporated.3 tablespoons milk
- Fill the molds with two tablespoons of batter.
- Press an egg in the center of each cupcake tin.12 Chocolate eggs
- Cover with the rest of the batter.
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Check with a satay pricker if they're done. Let them stand for five minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the mold and put them on a rack. Allow cooling to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the butter for two minutes until fluffy.2 sticks butter
- Spoon the confectioner's sugar spoon by spoon until you get a cream.2 cups confectioners sugar
- Finally, add the vanilla extract and water.2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Transfer to a piping bag and allow to set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Then pipe the cream on the cooled cupcakes.
- Press an Easter egg into the buttercream to finish the cupcake.12 easter eggs
- Flour and baking powder - You can substitute flour and baking powder with 2 cups (250 grams) of self-rising flour.
- Buttercream - if you don't like buttercream, you can glaze the cupcakes. Or you don't add a topping at all.
- Room temperature - Cupcakes without buttercream topping: Wrap the cupcakes in aluminum foil and store them for three days at room temperature.
- Freezer - Cupcakes without buttercream topping: you can freeze the cupcakes. First, wrap them in aluminum foil and then put everything in a sack or airtight container.
- Frosted Best Tasting Easter Egg Filled Cupcakes with topping: When the buttercream is piped on top of the cupcakes, you can't store them well. You can keep them for up to one day in a cool place (not the refrigerator).
Leave a Reply