A skinny soup with an easy recipe. With minced chicken, lots of veggies, mozzarella, and ricotta. A great soup for lunch or dinner.
Lasagna is not known because it's a skinny dish. By the great amount of pasta dough which is used it also contains a lot of carbohydrates. But if you make a healthy lasagna soup version, you still got the delicious flavor of the lasagna, but less pasta. A healthy lasagna soup filled with lots of good things.
You can add a pure homemade marinara / bolognese sauce (which I certainly can recommend) minced chicken meat and lasagne sheets. By adding just a little Mozzarella and ricotta through your soup it becomes creamy. This soup is quite filling. Eat it as dinner or as a big lunch and you don't need anything else.
- You can make your own marinara / bolognese sauce. I've got a great recipe here at the recipe for the best homemade lasagna ever. Don't add the minced beef. You will replace that a in this recipe for minced chicken.
- You can also use a homemade chicken stock and the flavor will even become more intense. You can find a homemade chicken stock recipe here. But quite often I also make my chicken stock from scratch. When I roast a whole chicken I take the bones and meat that is left and put it in a soup pan. I add some carrot, leek, celery, herbs and 3 liter water and let it simmer for 2 hours. Then I sieve it. You can use it right away or you can cool it down quickly and freeze it for later use (you can store it up to 3 months).
- Substitute your lasagna sheets with sheets made of chickpeas. Very delicious, not quite a difference in flavor, but the result is a gluten free recipe. Certainly if you make your own marina / bolognaise sauce. (if you buy marinara sauce check if they're gluten free. The same counts for the minced chicken).
- You can substitute the minced chicken for minced beef or half minced beef / half minced pork. Or you go for a vegetarian version and add slices of mushrooms.
- A delicious bruschetta topped with sliced tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Cool the soup and store it, in an airtight container up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
- When you know you're going to freeze the soup, don't add the lasagna sheets. Make it, cool it down quickly and store it, in an airtight container. You can store this soup for a maximum of 2 months in the freezer. If you already added the lasagna sheets, don't freeze it. The structure of the sheets will change and this is not as delicious.
Other delicious soup
- Easy onion soup
- Sweet tomato soup, as it's served at a Dutch Chinese restaurant
- Skinny spinach soup
- Arugula spinach soup
It's a good taste!
Recipe Healthy lasagna
Did you make this healthy Lasagna soup? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Healthy lasagna soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot minced fine
- 2 cloves garlic sliced fine
- 300 grams minced chicken
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 750 ml water
- 500 ml marinara sauce bolognaise sauce vegetarian
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sheets lasagna sheets
- 125 grams mozzarella sliced in little cubes
- 75 grams ricotta cheese
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and bake the shallot until it's translucent in about 3 minutes
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the minced chicken and bake until it's brown and done.
- Add herbs, stock, water and marinara sauce. Stir and put the bay leaf on top.
- Bring tot the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Break the lasagna sheets in big pieces and let them cook for 15 minutes with the soup.
- Mix the mozzarella and ricotta.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture in every soup bowl
- Pour the soup on top and serve immediately.
Indication Nutritional Value (Per Person / Portion):
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Soup / hotchpot pan
Leave a Reply