A delicious recipe for mini apple pies with apricot and walnut. Handy one person pies, so you can serve them quickly. For every party a great pie to bake for sure!
The apple has always been a symbol of love, passion and fertility . And since we're less than two weeks before Valentine's Day it's an ideal fruit for a delicious Valentine Recipe. I chose to make a heart in the middle of the tart, subtle and delicious. Mini apple pies which are eaten as an appetizer, with little mess.
But this isn't a recipe only suitable for Valentines day. These mini apple pies are always a winning recipe. And that's why I want to share it with you.
- If you don't have a cutter of 6 cm, grab a plate and go with a knife along the edge of the plate.
- Of course you don't need a heart cutter, just grab a cutter of about 1 cm in any form you want (round, flower even an Easter egg). But make sure that you make a hole at the top, so the air can escape and the filling stays in the cup.
- Use the butter in the dough as cold as possible, because that way you get butter flakes in the dough and it becomes even more creamy.
- If you can't eat nuts, you can leave them out or you can substitute them for roasted pine nuts (pine nuts are a seed. But make sure you can have them)
- If you want to make this recipe alcohol free substitute rum by an equal amount of apple juice.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle that on top (before baking) to get a crunchy topping.
- Serve warm with some vanilla ice as a dessert.
- These mini apple pies can be stored two days in a refrigerator. make sure to cover them with aluminium foil or plastic foil.
- These apple pies can be frozen. Make sure to put them in an airtight container or freezer bag. The pies will stay fresh up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
Other delicious apple pie
It's a good taste!
Recipe mini apple
Did you make this mini apple pies? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Mini apple pies
- 2 apples
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
- 6 apricots dried
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 3 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 orange zest
- 1 egg beaten, size s
- 225 grams flour
- 80 grams walnuts
- 80 grams icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spices
- 190 grams butter cold
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Peel the apple and cut into small cubes, put them in a bowl.
- Slice the apricots finely and add to the apple.
- Add the raisins and currants.
- Mix the rum with sugar and pour over apple mixture.
- Add the gingerbread spice, orange zest and butter and mix well.
- Let the filling marinate in the refrigerator for three hours to get enough flavor.
Dough and baking
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the tins with butter.
- Put the walnuts in a food processor and grind them.
- Add the flour, powdered sugar and gingerbread spices and pulse 3 x .
- Add the butter and let the food processor pulse until you have grains at the size of peas. Then add the egg yolk and ice water.
- Pulse a few times until you get a dough.
- Sprinkle flour at your work surface and divide the dough in half .
- Roll it until it's very thin and then press a round of 6 cm from the dough with a cutter.
- Press the rounds in the hole of a muffin tin and repeat until you've got 18 holes filled.
- Grab the stuffing and divide into the dough bowls. Brush the edge with some of the beaten egg. Take the rest of the dough and again roll until t's very thin.
- Cut out 6 cm fluted rounds.
- In the middle of each round cut out 1 cm rounds (or cut out a nice figure like the heart for Valentine's Day or a star for Christmas).
- Top the pies with the rounds and push the edges slightly.
- Repeat for all cakes.
- Put the baking trays in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the mini pies from the pan and let cool on a rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.