The buckwheat noodles (soba noodles) cooked in green tea give this dish a delicious touch. The sweet shrimp and flavourful green beans will do the rest.
A nice quick main course and ideal for summer dinners. Full of tasty seasoning such as soba noodles cooked in grean tea, shrimp, beans and everything flavoured with soy and sesame.
A dinner which is on the table within 20 minutes and so delicious, ideal in summer or when you get back to work, on a weekday if you're very busy with all kinds of sports and other stuff. (I know that kind of evenings all too well, when your just like a cab driver bringing everyone here and there).
- you have a gluten allergy replace the noodles for rice (eg pandan rice) which is also a great combination. In that case make sure you use a gluten-free soy sauce.
- you can't get any fresh green beans you could use broccoli instead. Make sure you cut it into small florets.
- you do not have mirin at home, you can use sweet sherry or sweet wine instead.
- you toast the sesame seeds the flavour will be much nicer.
It's a good taste!
Noodles with shrimp and
Noodles with shrimp and green beans
- 300 grams soba noodles
- 2 bags tea green
- 400 grams green beans
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 24 shrimp cooked, intestines removed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- Bring a pan of water with 2 green tea bags to the boil and another pan with only a layer of 5 cm water.
- Remove the tea bags out and cook the soba noodles according to the directions in the pan.
- Drain the noodles.
- In the second pan you blanch the beans for 5-8 minutes (until they are crisp).
- Drain the beans.
- Heat the sunflower oil on high heat in a pan and add all ingredients (except the sesame seeds).
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve onto plates and sprinkle with sesame.