A delicious Frankfurter covered with cheese and puff pastry, also know as pigs in a blanket with cheese. The American version of our Dutch sausage bread.
Maybe you don't know pigs in a blanket yet, but in the Netherlands we know it as a "saucijzenbroodje" ground beef covered with puff pastry. That's a traditional Dutch appetizer or sandwich (big form). The big one we eat often at lunch time.
But in the countries where pigs in a blanket is a tradition it's served as a starter by slicing the appetizers small, so it becomes finger food. What a great idea, so I made my own, with cheese. And they were delicious as I may say.
Recipe pigs in a blanket with cheese
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
pigs in a blanket with cheese
- 8 sheets puff pastry
- 8 slices grated cheddar cheese
- 8 Frankfurters
- 1 tablespoon egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking plate with baking paper.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry in front of you.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top (in the middle)
- On one of the sides of the puff pastry place the Frankfurter.
- Brush the sides of the puff pastry with egg and roll the puff pastry around the Frankfurter
- Brush the outside of the puff pastry roll with the egg wash and place the roll on the baking plate
- Repeat this until all the puff pastry, cheese and Frankfurters are done.
- Place the baking plate in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After baking cut the Frankfurters in three pieces (careful this can be very hot because of the melted cheese)
Leave a Reply