In need for a creamy quiche that is full of flavor? Then you found the best recipe for this quiche with spinach, bacon and Gruyere cheese. Fry the bacon and bake the spinach in the fat. This gives the vegetables a delicious flavor. And you can taste it!
It is time again for this month's food blog swap and I was allowed to cook from the blog AantafelbijAnna.. I looked around on her blog and she makes delicious recipes, especially with seasonal vegetables. And my eye immediately fell on the plate pie recipe with Swiss chard. Swiss chard is a delicious vegetable that you can eat well if the frost is not yet in the ground. But in the Netherlands it's not easily available.
Substitute for Swiss
Fresh spinach is a good replacement for Swiss chard. In order to make the recipe as accessible as possible to everyone, my choice fell on that veggie. By baking the spinach before adding to your recipe you can use it in a quiche or plate pie. Because the filling contains crème fraîche, I opted for a savory pie dough instead of the buttery puff pastry. You can bake that off just as well and it is easy to use, but it contains a little less fat. And I made the plate pie into a Quiche because we are here with five and the plate pie is not enough for all of us.
So in the end I ended up with this delicious quiche with spinach, bacon and Gruyere cheese. We enjoyed it, I hope you do too!
It's a good taste!
Recipe quiche with spinach, bacon and
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Quiche with spinach, bacon and Gruyere
- Spring form 26 cm diameter
- 6 sheets savory pie dough
- 75 grams bacon bits
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic squeezed
- 50 grams hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs size L
- 500 ml crème fraîche
- 150 grams Gruyere grated
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cover a spring form with the savory pie dough. Fold the edge over and make a nice pattern (for example with a fork).
- Bake the bacon for 2 minutes in the wok so that some fat is released
- Add the shallot and stir-fry for about 2 minutes until the shallot is glassy.
- Add the garlic, semi sundried tomatoes and hazelnuts and stir-fry for half a minute.
- Add half of the spinach, shrink and then add the rest of the spinach.
- Bake everything until all the spinach has shrunk. Season with salt and pepper
- Drain in a colander (otherwise the filling will get too wet).
- Place the filling at the bottom of the quiche.
- Mix the eggs with the crème fraîche and the Gruyère until well mixed.
- Pour that on the vegetable filling.
- Put the quiche in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cover the quiche with some aluminum foil (otherwise it will become too dark and bake for another 20 minutes)
- Remove the quiche from the oven and remove the aluminum foil. The quiche is wonderfully warm but also cold.
Indication Nutritional Value (Per Person / Portion):
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- frying pan
- cutting board
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Baking form / springform
Leave a Reply