A recipe for a delicious radish cream soup. A surprising soup with a slightly peppery yet creamy flavor and a beautiful color. I couldn't just eat one cup!
Radishes are delicious as an addition to a salad. A little peppery and crispy. Delicious because this vegetable can just put that extra accent. And what I also think is a great way to enjoy them is to dip them in salt. Then it becomes a delicious snack. Nice for Sunday and healthy too. But this time I chose something different a delicious radish cream soup. A surprising soup with a slightly peppery yet creamy flavor and a beautiful color. I couldn't just eat one cup!
Growing radishes and
You can easily grow radishes yourself and they have quick results. You sows seed in a line behind each other, wait 4 to 6 weeks and if the radish is pretty big, you harvest it. The little ones you can just left to grow further. By removing the large radishes, the small once get more space to grow. Wash them off immediately and pull the leaves off. The foliage extracts moisture from the radish, which makes it spongy and it will have a shorter shelf life.
Are there any problems with growing radishes you ask? The only thing you have to consider when growing radishes is that the soil remains moist. When it will become dry the radishes will burst and you certainly don't want that. Grow them yourself and in spring, summer and fall you always have fresh radishes at hand.
But you can also just buy radishes in bags at the grocery store. Is the foliage (green) still attached then you first take that off. Then save them lightly packed in the refrigerator. That way the remain good for about two weeks.
It's a good taste!
Radish cream soup: refreshing and cream, surprising deliciousness
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 450 grams radishes
- 150 grams cream cheese
- 100 ml half and half
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- parsley garnish, optional
- Cut the greens of the radishes
- Wash the radishes and clean.
- Cut them into small slices.
- Put the slices in the bowl of the food processor with knife attached.
- Add the cream cheese and whipped cream.
- Grind everything until it's smooth.
- Chop the onion.
- Put the oil in the pan and, when it is sufficiently hot, add the onion.
- Stir-fry the onion until it is translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the broth and radish mixture into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (optional) Garnish with parsley.