A delicious recipe: stuffed salmon. The salmon is stuffed with a spicy spinach celery mixture and then slowly cooked in the oven.
For Easter it is nice to put something special on the table as a main course. And stuffed salmon is great at Easter. A nice spring dish, not too heavy. The salmon is filled with a spicy spinach celery mixture. And then slowly cooked in the oven.
Prepare in advance: prepare the salmon roll in the morning and place them in the ovenproof dish in the fridge, so that you only have to put them in the oven in the evening.
- Don't cut the salmon fillet through and through. This way your stuffing keeps better in place.
- If you use freezer spinach let it leek in a colander before use. Push out the excess liquid. Otherwise your stuffing becomes too wet.
- By covering the salmon with baking paper while baking in the oven it stays moist.
- Substitute Greek yoghurt with sour cream for even more creaminess.
- Substitute celery with slices of leek.
- Eat this recipe with roast potatoes and a green salad
- use freezer spinach instead of fresh. Drain it well before use.
- Substitute butter with margarine.
- Use freezer salmon filets. The filets will probably be smaller, so make 4 seperate ones instead of one big salmon.
The price of this budget friendly recipe is €1.80 per person
- Eat the stuffed salmon right away. You can't freeze it because of the filling.
- If you've got some leftover salmon store it covered with plastic foil in the refrigerator. The next day bake a delicious omelet with the salmon as your filling.
Other delicious salmon
- Salmon, leek and potato casserole
- Casserole with spinach and salmon
- Ovenbaked salmon with asparagus and tomatoes
- Grilled salmon with arugula stew
It's a good taste!
Recipe Salmon stuffed with spinach and
Did you make this Salmon stuffed with spinach and celery? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Salmon stuffed with spinach and celery
This recipe is:
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped into small rings
- 200 grams spinach fresh or from the freezer thawed
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 kg salmon fillet
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the celery and spinach and stir-fry for another 5 minutes.
- Put the vegetable mixture in a bowl and mix with the yogurt and the mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon fillet in front of you and cut it horizontally through the middle, but not through and through (the back must still be connected).
- Open the fillet and brush with the vegetable mixture.
- Roll the fillet tightly from 1 side and tie with twine.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish.
- Cover the salmon with some baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.