This Simple Smoked Salmon Sandwich with Cream Cheese and Arugula is one of the most delicious Dutch lunch dishes I know. The salty salmon with the creamy cream cheese with delicious herbs on a crusty bread (which is still warm because it just came out of the oven). After this light lunch with great flavors, you can go back to it all day!
Smoked Salmon Sandwich with Cream Cheese
A delicious lunch recipe for salmon sandwiches that is also very simple to make. A fresh corn roll with smoked salmon, homemade cream cheese with herbs, and peppery arugula.
You can make this sandwich in the blink of an eye. While your buns are baking, make the herb cream cheese in the meantime. Although natural cream cheese is a delicious combination with smoked salmon, you will taste that the chives and parsley give it just that little bit extra. A lunch to spoil yourself, and a must if you're having lunch with friends!
What do you need for a Salmon and Cream Cheese Sandwich?
To prepare this Smoked Salmon Sandwich with Cream Cheese, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
Which cream cheese do you use?
For this recipe, natural cream cheese has been chosen, which you can season yourself with chives, parsley, black pepper, and a few drops of lemon (or lemon zest).
If you want to keep it simple, you can buy herbal cream cheese from Philadelphia, for example, instead of using fresh herbs. If you wish to be lactose-free, use a vegan or lactose-free cream cheese.
Or you can use sour cream or cottage cheese, soft goat cheese instead of cream cheese. TIP make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature; therefore, it will blend better with the herbs.
Sandwiches that are suitable for salmon and cream cheese
As you can see, corn rolls (which you bake yourself or buy ready-made) are a good sandwich for this salmon-cream cheese topping. But a croissant (very elegant), french baguette, or a bagel also combine very well with the topping.
Which salmon do you use?
Use cold smoked salmon, for example, Norwegian salmon, real Dutch salmon, or wild salmon. These are thick slices of salmon, which you cut a little smaller yourself.
How to make a salmon cream cheese Dutch sandwich
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- Mix the cream cheese with the chopped parsley, chives, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Spread this herb cream cheese mixture thick on one half of the bun.
- Cover it with slices of salmon.
- Top with some fresh arugula and cover it with the cap. Serve this perfect sandwich right away!
- Pregnant women - raw packaged fish can contain listeria bacteria, which is dangerous for unborn children. So no raw salmon during pregnancy.
- Also, tasty - add some thin slices of creamy avocado.
- High Tea - If you want to serve salmon tea sandwiches for a high tea or afternoon tea, you can use slices of bread. Spread the cream cheese on a slice of bread and top with a piece of salmon and arugula. Slice into little sandwiches. A great way to make small appetizers. You can use slices of white bread, rye bread, or dark bread. (These snacks are delicious; make sure you make enough sandwiches !)
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Dutch Smoked Salmon Sandwich Recipe with Cream Cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese naturel
- ½ oz. chives chopped
- ½ oz. parsley finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 buns corn rolls, croissant. French baguette or bagels cut open
- 4 oz. salmon fillet thickly sliced
- 1 cup arugula
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Mix the cream cheese with chives, parsley, pepper, and lemon juice in a small bowl.1 cup cream cheese, ½ oz. chives, ½ oz. parsley, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, ½ teaspoon lemon
- Smear the buns generously with cream cheese2 buns
- Place half of the salmon on top.4 oz. salmon fillet
- Cover with arugula and the cap.1 cup arugula
- .Serve immediately