Strawberry cream, a delicious fresh dessert, with strawberries, cream cheese and walnuts. No need for sugar, at the table in 10 minutes and only 3 ingredients.
For the foodblogswap of June the blog of Marleen (sharelovenotsecrets) was assigned to me. So loves to eat, cook and to take pictures. Nice, I love that to. So I went to look after her blog. It looks fresh and inspiring.
And when searching in the desserts section I crossed this delicious recipe: strawberry cream. I adapted the recipe slightly, to use what I had forehand and it tasted great.
Instead of almonds and amaretto (a great combination) I used walnuts and Amarula. Amarula is a great liquor that combines terrific with walnut. And I didn't use cream but cream cheese.
It became a delicious fresh dessert and, even nicer, it took only 10 minutes to serve. And because the strawberries are in season you don't need to add sugar. I say TRY!
It's a good taste!
- 250 grams strawberries
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 10 walnuts
- dash Amarula liquor optional
- Chop the walnuts fine.
- Put the 4 most beautiful strawberries and set them aside.
- Hull the rest of the strawberries and quarter them.
- Put them in 4 dishes.
- Optional: Mix the cream cheese with Amarula
- Pipe the cream cheese on top of the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the dessert.
- Garnish with the 4 beautiful strawberries.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils