Did you know that chicken and vanilla are a delicious combination? You can taste that when you make this recipe for chicken with vanilla sauce. Great for the holidays or a dinner at home.
Today we have eaten chicken with vanilla sauce. The pure taste of vanilla actually combines very well with the chicken. By poaching the chicken first and then bake it until it's golden brown it gets a lot of flavor. And that combined with the extra flavor of the vanilla sauce was surprising and very tasty! Is definitely a chicken dish we are going to make more often.
A day on the
Well actually I'd rather not spend my day in the garden, because what a bad weather we had today. Sometimes glorious sunshine and five minutes later the hail stones throw themselves over you. The chickens and rabbits did not really know what to make of it. Then they went walking around in their coops and five minutes later they drooped inside again. So today I cooked an awfully lot for this blog in advance. Should the weather becomes great in the coming weeks, then I can use my time to work in the garden.
The budget friendly version is € 1.45 per person
Serve the chicken with pasta and a green salad. The sauce will mix wonderfully with the pasta.
Cover the chicken and keep it in the refrigerator for 3 days.
When you pack the chicken in an airtight box or bag, it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Other tasty chicken recipes
Chicken pie muffins, a tasty pie filled with chicken from the oven. Easy to make.
Roasted chicken with potatoes, easy and made in no time.
Chicken soup with coconut milk, leftover chicken? Use them to make this soup.
Oriental chicken soup, another delicious recipe to use the chicken stock for.
- Poaching the chicken in a delicious broth first keeps it juicy and gives it flavor. Then you pat it dry and bake it, and the chicken gets the crispy layer that is so tasty. The best of both worlds.
- When you remove the vanilla pods from the sauce, rinse and dry them. you can then mix them together with 50 grams of sugar. You leave this for 3 weeks in a jar and you have a deliciously scented vanilla sugar.
- You can also use turkey fillet instead of chicken breast.
- Replace the butter with margarine and the milk with soy milk for a lactose-free recipe.
- Serve the chicken with pasta and a green salad. The sauce will mix wonderfully with the pasta.
- Replace the butter with margarine and the shallot with half a chopped onion.
- Instead of vanilla pods you can use vanilla aroma.
- Plant fresh parsley, chives and basil in a pot. You will enjoy this for months and you will end up much cheaper.
The budget friendly version is € 1.45 per person
- Cover the chicken and keep it in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- When you pack the chicken in an airtight box or bag, it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Other delicious chicken
- Chicken pot pie muffins, a tasty pie filled with chicken from the oven. Easy to prepare.
- Roast chicken with potatoes, easy and made in no time.
- Chicken soup with coconut milk, leftover chicken? Use them to make this soup.
- Oriental chicken soup, another delicious recipe to use your homemade chicken stock.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chicken with vanilla
Did you make this chicken in vanilla sauce? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Chicken in vanilla sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 vanilla pod
- 500 mL chicken broth
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 sprigs chives chopped finely
- Cut the shallot finely and fry in one tablespoon butter until soft in about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the marrow with the back of a spoon.
- Put the marrow and the pods in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to optimize it's flavor.
- Put the chicken in the broth and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and pat dry.
- Melt in a skillet the second tablespoon of butter and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, put the broth on high heat so it can reduce.
- Remove the vanilla pods from the broth.
- Mix the flour with the milk and add that after 5 minutes on high heat to the broth mixture so that it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper at taste.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a serving dish.
- Take the sauce from the heat and add the chives to the sauce.
- Spoon some sauce over the chicken and serve the remaining sauce at the table.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.