Airy, sweet, and a delicious coconut flavor. A perfect way to describe these cakes. These coconut cakes melt on your tongue.
My husband is not a coconut lover. He prefers not to eat anything with coconut by his own choice. So he wasn't cheering when I offered to make these. But tough as he is, he tried anyway, and these cakes ... they got the benefit of the doubt.
Shame about the hint of coconut he said, but so nice and airy that he did take two. Victory for the coconut I would say so. I thought it was a big cookie itself more than a real cake. But size doesn't matter anyway.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 4 egg whites size L
- 100 grams coconut grated
- 125 grams sugar
- 75 grams flour
- ½ vanilla extract
- 115 grams butter room temperature
- Butter the cupcake tins.
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- As you continue mixing on low speed, add the coconut.
- Subsequently, whisk in the sugar and flour.
- Mix further and pour the vanilla extract to the batter.
- Finally, add the butter into cubes.
- Divide the batter over the cupcake tins and put it in the oven for 22 minutes until the cake is done.
- Let the cakes cool on a wire rack