A delicious vegetarian pizza recipe with spinach, feta and pine nuts. A party on your plate and super tasty.
There it is again! Fast food Friday. On Friday I post a delicious recipe that has something to do with fast food. It must be ready quickly, or the ultimate fast food. Such as pizza. With the famous Margarita pizza (which can be written in many different variations) as the best known variant. But with pizza you can do so much more. For example, think of the pizza with Parma ham, arugula and pine nuts, one of my favorite variants. But I still have a few more. For example this pizza with spinach, feta and pine nuts. Basically just a pizza with everything that I like as a topping deposited on it.
Do I always make the pizza bottom myself? Sometimes like the pizza with Parma ham, arugula and pine nuts I do. But I can also get away with a ready-made bottom. I always make my own sauce though. Because I just like the flavor that much better. I tried most variants from the supermarket, a sort of comparative commodity study, but THE pizza sauce was not included. And it is made so quickly that I actually always take the trouble.
For the topping, I chose spinach and feta this time (because I think that is also a wonderful combination and I used it multiple times as for example with the spanakopita). Because of the nutty flavor, pine nuts fit well with that. And of course some extra cherry tomatoes for the extra bite, I simply can’t resist them.
All in all a delicious pizza. I think quite a lot healthier than the store bought variants.
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Pizza with spinach, feta and
pine nuts (vegetarian)
Pizza with spinach, feta and pine nuts (vegetarian)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 mL passata
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Italian herbs such as: basil, thyme, rosemary
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of pizza
- pizza bottom ready made or homemade
- tomato sauce: see above
- 200 grams feta
- 250 grams spinach
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and the garlic finely.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until the onion are translucent and then add the passata and sugar.
- Place the herbs on top of the sauce and bring to the boil.
- Then lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the herbs from the sauce and taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Put the bottom in front of you.
- Smear the pizza dough with the sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan.
- Wash the spinach and stir-fry it with adjacent water for 2 minutes.
- Drain the spinach well.
- Spread the spinach and the feta on the pizza.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and spread them over the cheese.
- Sprinkle some pine nuts on top.
- Season with Italian herbs.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
This post is also available in: Dutch