These Babyshower Donuts made of filled doughnuts with glaze are on the table within fifteen minutes. A small pastry that you make quickly. With a filling of fruity jam and whipped cream, and a sugar glaze. And decorate the icing with mice. A nice snack to serve at your baby shower.
Baby Shower Donuts
This is one of those snacks that may look impressive and difficult to prepare, but it's very easy to make. The basis is a doughnut, which you half and fill with a good jam and then some whipped cream.
The top of the donut is covered with icing. Put some sprinkles on top for a lovely accent (we in the Netherlands love Roze or Blauwe muisjes). Great baby shower treats that you can make very quickly.
Why do you make these doughnuts?
- Babyshower: when celebrating the birth of a new baby (or the baby that will be born soon), you want to serve a small pastry.
- Busy, busy, busy: with a baby, you're going for easy, and isn't it a great plus that these dounuts are ready in less than 15 minutes?
- Can't go wrong: because the doughnuts are store-bought and the other preparations are really simple, this recipe is foolproof. And I've added a video to show you (at the bottom of this post).
- Glaze: You can use store-bought glaze and, with some food coloring, give it the desired color. And because you warm the glaze, it will spread better on your dounut.
- Sprinkles: use them on the glaze when it's still soft. Then they stick well.
What do you need for this Sweet Baby Shower Dessert?
To prepare these Baby Shower Donuts, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Donuts: buy them ready-made; you don't need the extra work right now ;-). But make sure they're fresh. They don't need any topping.
- Confectioner's sugar and cream: You prepare the whipped cream with these ingredients. Make sure your cream is very cold so it will stiffen well.
- Food coloring and glaze: You can buy glaze ready-made in the store, and I advise you too because it will give the best results. The glaze can be mixed in every color. Warm the glaze so it spreads better.
- Strawberry jam: because it gives so much flavor, ensure you get the best strawberry jam you can get.
- Sprinkles: choose the sprinkles you love most for decorating.
How do you prepare these Filled Doughnuts with Glaze
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Put the cream and two tablespoons of confectioner's sugar in a bowl and mix with a mixer on high speed until it's stiff.
- Warm the glaze and add food coloring to prepare the desired color. You can warm the glaze au bain-Marie. That means that you put a heatproof bowl above boiling water (the bottom of the bowl can't touch the water). In the bowl, you add the glaze and warm it.
- Halve the donut and smear jam on the bottom. Pipe some cream on top of the jam. Suppose you don't have a piping bag; use a spoon to put it on top of the cream.
- Put the glaze on top of the doughnuts. Take the donut top and put it on the cream. Spread some sprinkles on top. Let it dry for 5 minutes.
- The cream can drip, so don't assemble the donuts too early.
- Whip the cream when it's cold. That way, the cream will stiffen better.
- Put the cream in a piping bag. If you don't have a piping bag, you can spoon the cream on top of the jam.
- Heat the glaze au bain-Marie. Take a pan with some water and bring it to a boil. Take a heatproof bowl and put it above the water (but the bottom may not touch the water). You can heat the glaze in the bowl.
- You can glaze the donuts quickly with a spoon or dip the doughnut into the glaze.
Why has a doughnut a hole in the middle?
According to the scientists, the whole in the middle ensures that the doughnut cooks evenly. This was necessary because donuts contain egg yellows, and you don't want raw pieces in your dough. (But many other beautiful stories are circulating on the World Wide Web). From captains at sea to Dutch immigrants who brought the doughnut to America in the form of Dutch donuts (Yes, the Oliebol). Look it up on Google, and you can have fun looking up all these theories for an afternoon.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Baby Shower Donuts
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 1¼ cup glaze
- food coloring
- 8 doughnuts
- 16 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 8 tablespoons sprinkles
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put the cream and confectioners sugar in a bowl and mix until the cream is stiff.2 tablespoons confectioners sugar, 1 cup cream
- Put the cream in a piping bag.
- Warm the glaze au bain-Marie (see Tips) until it's warm. Stir the food coloring through the glaze.1¼ cup glaze, food coloring
- Halve the doughnut.8 doughnuts
- On the bottom smear strawberry jam.16 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Pipe cream on top of the jam.
- Glaze the top of the doughnut.
- Put the doughnut top on the cream.
- Spread sprinkles on top of the glaze.8 tablespoons sprinkles
- Let it dry for 5 minutes.
- The cream is whipped faster and better when it is cold. Then you easily beat it stiff.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag. If you don't have a piping bag, you can also scoop it onto the jam with a spoon.
- You heat the glaze in a bain-marie. Bring a pan with a little water to a boil. Grab a fireproof bowl and hang it over the water (so it won't touch the water). You can heat the glaze in there. There are also special bain-marie pans available that you hang above the water and pans that are double-walled and you can fill with water.
- To apply the glaze to the top of the donut, use a spoon or dip it into the glaze.
- Donuts - Store the donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 1 month.
- Whipped cream - Make the whipped cream a day in advance and store it in the piping bag in the refrigerator.
- Glaze - Make the frosting and store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Heat in a bain-marie before making the donuts.