Make the most delicious strawberry lemonade with basil. This mocktail is loaded with fresh strawberries and lemon. And it’s a delightful refreshment in hot weather. Refreshing, slightly sweet with fresh fruit. A summer mocktail without alcohol that is full of flavor.
Strawberry Lemonade Mocktail
These strawberry lemonade mocktails are everything you need when it’s hot outside;
- it looks bright, a red, pink lemonade mocktail
- It looks festive because of the color and fresh fruits.
- It’s incredibly delicious. Fresh and slightly sweet.
It consists of two separate drinks which you can mix but could drink separately. If you choose that, you would have to dilute the strawberry syrup with a bit of water. Or you could opt for refreshing lemonade. Anything is possible, and it’s very easy to prepare. This mocktail will surprise you!
What do you need for a strawberry basil mocktail?
To prepare this Strawberry Lemonade Mocktail with Basil, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Strawberries - Use fresh strawberries if you can get them. Strawberries are best in late spring and summer. Otherwise, they may taste watery. This is a delicious lemonade with strawberries. But it is as tasty when made with blackberries, raspberries, and red currants (you name it).
- Lemons - Just like any other lemonade, you will use lemons. And use freshly squeezed juice. They will taste much better.
- Basil - is a fresh herb, a bit peppery with a touch of mint. It smells slightly sweet.
- Sparkling water - water with bubbles, but without any extra flavor. This strawberry Lemonade mocktail doesn’t need additional flavors.
How to prepare this pink lemonade mocktail?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Wash, hull, and quarter the strawberries and put them together with the sugar in the blender. Pulse until you’ve got a smooth juice.
- Sieve the juice so all the seeds are removed. This is way better to drink.
- Add lemon juice to the jar.
- Pour the sparkling water into the jar and add basil leaves. Put into the refrigerator to get even more flavor until use. Just before serving, add ice cubes, strawberries, and lemon slices.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Strawberry Lemonade Mocktail with Basil
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 4 lemons juice
- ½ oz. basil leaves only
- 4¼ cups sparkling water
- ice cubes
- 2 oz. strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 lemon in slices
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Halve them and put them in the blender together with the sugar.3 cups strawberries, 1¼ cups sugar
- Turn the blender on until you've got strawberry juice, about 4 minutes.
- Sieve the juice with a fine sieve.
- Add the lemon juice with the strawberry juice and put it in a juicer.
- Add the basil leaves.½ oz. basil
- Pour the sparkling water into the jar and put it into the refrigerator until use.
- Just for serving, add ice cubes, strawberries, and lemon slices.ice cubes, 1 lemon, 2 oz. strawberries
- Refrigerator - store strawberry lemonade mocktail for up to three days in the fridge in a covered jar.
- Freezer - you can put it in the freezer and store it for up to three months, it will keep good, but the sparks will disappear. If you know you’re going to freeze the lemonade, make the strawberry and lemon juice and freeze those. Let it thaw in the refrigerator, and add sparkling water before serving. Besides keeping the sparkles, it also uses less space in your freezer.