Fritters with cheese and garlic butter, a delicious savory fritter. The melts when baking the fritters, and therefore gives it a crispy cheese flavor. The garlic butter melts on the hot fritters and gives a full, creamy flavor.
The kids love to eat once in a while something different from lunch (usually we eat bread). Pancakes, omelet, toast, and sandwich special, it's all on our lunch menu. And of course, fritters. Because what could be more Dutch as a fritter. At least in my experience.
Fritters and cheese: true Dutch foods!
But cheese is also very Dutch. Can those two be combined in a very good lunch dish, with a lick of garlic butter for the finishing touch? And indeed, it was a hit. The bowl was empty, the pancakes were gone. They can go back to school with full bellies after lunch break is over.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- Fritter pan
- 25 grams butter unsalted
- 125 grams buckwheat flour
- 125 grams flour
- 1 egg size L
- 400 mL milk
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 50 grams cheese like Gouda, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons garlic butter
- 3 tablespoons oil to grease the fritter pan
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Put the two types of flour in a bowl and mix the butter through it.
- Then add the milk, egg, and yeast. Mix everything well, so you have no lumps.
- Sprinkle the sugar, salt, and cheese in the batter and stir through and through.
- Place the bowl under a towel for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Put the fritter pan on the stove and heat.
- Mix the batter well.
- Cover the pan with oil and pour the batter into the holes.
- When the top of the fritter has dried, turn the pancakes with a fork.
- Bake this side for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Place the fritters on a plate with a smear of garlic butter.