Nice and airy pancakes with crème fraîche and raspberries are so delicious. That moment when you take a bite of your pancake with the creamy taste of the crème fraîche and the raspberry that pops in your mouth and provides an actual taste explosion. A pile of this delicacy, ideal for lunch, brunch, or breakfast, nobody says no to that!
Pancakes with Crème Fraîche and Raspberries
Another delicious pancake recipe with topping. This time with fresh raspberries and a lick of crème fraîche. And if you still need a little sweetness, sprinkle the whole with Maple Syrup or date syrup.
It's a decadent breakfast or lunch and certainly not something for every week, but if you really want to go all out, this is a super recipe. And it's effortless to make and nice and fresh because of the fresh fruit.
The pancakes are airy, with a crispy outside and a soft golden-yellow inside. And then, the crème fraîche melts due to the heat and gives a delicious creamy layer. Finally, the raspberries provide an actual taste explosion in your mouth. This is as it should be!
What do you need for Crème fraîche, Pancakes, and Raspberries?
To prepare these Pancakes with Crème Fraîche and Raspberries, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Flour - Use all-purpose flour to make the pancakes.
- Baking powder - Ensures that the pancakes rise. If you want to know more about baking powder and possible substitutes, you will find a blog about baking powder and baking soda here.
- Salt - Provides more flavor.
- Milk - The milk in the batter gives the pancakes a slightly creamy taste.
- Sugar - For a bit of sweetness in the pancake. Not too much, because the raspberries are already deliciously sweet. And afterward, you can choose to add some Maple Syrup or Date Syrup.
- Egg - Makes the pancakes firm and have a rich taste.
- Oil - A little oil in the pancake batter will lighten the pancake and keep it from tasting dry.
- Crème fraîche - Is a thick, slightly acidified cream. It gives a full flavor and is delicious as a topping.
- Raspberries - Sweet, soft, and deliciously juicy. Do not wash them; just wipe them clean with a damp piece of paper. Remove any leaves or stems by hand.
How to prepare American Pancakes with Crème Fraîche
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix the milk, egg, and oil in a second large bowl.
- Shake the solid ingredients into the liquid and mix until you have a batter. It doesn't have to be completely smooth; there may still be a few lumps.
- Grab a little oil and grease a frying pan with a brush. Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter and pour it into a frying pan. Rub into a circle with the back of a spoon. Make three in a pan.
- When you see bubbles forming, and the batter solidifies, turn the pancakes and bake for another 2 minutes.
Serve the pancakes with a spoonful of crème fraîche, fresh raspberries, and (optional) maple or date syrup.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pancakes with Crème Fraîche and Raspberries
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg size L
- 2 cups Raspberries fresh
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- Maple syrup or Date Syrup (optional)
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in the first bowl. Mix all the ingredients.1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a second bowl pour the milk, egg and oil. Mix all of these ingredients as well.2 tablespoons sunflower oil, 1 cup milk, 1 egg
- Take the first bowl with the flour mix and put this with the second bowl.
- Mix everything with a whisk, but it doesn't have to be very smooth; a bit of a lump doesn't matter.
- Take a bit of oil and brush a hot frying pan with the oil.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter and spoon this into the pan.
- With the back of a spoon, make a nice round.
- You can make about three pancakes in a frying pan at the same time. Wait until you see tiny bubbles and the batter fastens, and turn the pancakes around.
- Wait another 2 minutes, and the pancakes are ready.
- Grab a pancake and top with raspberries. Put some crème fraîche alongside. Optional: sprinkle with Maple or date syrup.2 cups Raspberries, ½ cup crème fraîche, Maple syrup
Do not stack them, but place them next to each other on the baking tray; otherwise, you will press them in. 3. Storage Let them cool before storing.
- Refrigerator - Wrap them in plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container, side by side, as much as possible (you want to keep them airy and not collapsing).
- Freezer - Place them side by side on a baking sheet and let them freeze for 30 minutes. Then, remove them from the baking sheet in a freezer bag or box.
- Reheat (they don't need to be thawed),
- Microwave - Put them in the microwave and heat for 20 seconds for one pancake to 1 minute for five pancakes.
- Oven - Place the pancakes side by side on the baking tray and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C).
- In the skillet - Fry the pancakes side by side in a skillet for about 5 minutes on both sides until they are warm inside.